Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Dance Planet X?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I was searching on Amazon for a few items and was browsing when I found a listing for
    “Dance Planet Christmas CHILL: Tribute to Tim Burton & Danny Elfman” by Dance Planet X. Who the hell are they? The Amazon listing is bare bones. I did find a clip from their rendition of “Silent Night”…

mms://shmm-01.slaghuis.net/rfashop/d/dance-planet-x_silent-night.wma

Here is their listing on CDBaby which has several additional samples.

According to the label: “If you love the Holidays & if you love Tim Burton’s movies & soundtrack creator Danny Elfman’s work, you’ll love these chill versions of your favorite Xmas Classics.”

Totally weird! To qoute Commissioner Gordon, “Why wasn’t I told about this?!”

Ryan

Thor
    Participant

Well, weird or not, it seems like someone just used Burton’s and Elfman’s name as a selling point for their CD. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Elfman’s music, has it?

SleepyHello
    Participant

I’m really not quite sure how I feel about that clip.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Why does anyone feel the need to cover Christmas Carols? Their version of “Kiss them for Me” is interesting, though.

Maximus3000
    Participant

Ok people heres the scoop.

Im glad to see that the people that follow Danny elfman got wind of the Dance Planet X-mas Chill EP.

However im a little dissapointed that some of you could not connect the dots…

This is what the EP is about,

1. This is a Tribute to Danny Elfman and Tim Burton combined. That means its an homage to Nightmare before xmas, Edward scissor hands, Charlie and the chocolate facter etc….

2.This is a Christmas Album. The intention was mainly to make Christmas carols as if they were made for Nightmare before christmas’ soundtrack.

3.Dance Planet X makes Electronica. The songs here are Re-Invented for a completely new audience and group of people. Christmas Music doesnt have to be hokey. as a matter of fact these songs capture the essence of the nightmare before christmas with its edgy-ness… and even your mother could listen to it and like it , as one website reviewed it.

4.The Title is not a Selling point, and will never be a selling point. again its an HOMAGE to tim burton and Danny Elfman not copy cat of Danny Elfman.

………………….

If anyone is interested, you can see the Dance Planet X-mas Chill Project in its entirety on http://www.DancePlanetX.com where we have the Projections for when these songs were played Live during December of 2005.

There you have it,
    Max 3000

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.