Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Danny Elfman Scores ‘Troy’, well, sort of…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Warner Bros. recently released TROY THE DIRECTOR’S CUT on HD DVD. In an interview with the director, Wolfgang Peterson, DVDTalk reveals:

“Someone specifically brought up the scoring during the fight between Hector and Achilles. Peterson admitted that this wasn’t taken from the original score. “We didn’t like what we had before. That was a piece I never liked. I wanted to use what I had in the temp score. What we used there was so good, and it worked much better. And we bought that piece and we put it in. That is a piece, believe it or not, from Danny Elfman. And it’s from the film Planet of the Apes. And it’s so funny, no one will ever know,” a comment which prompted much laughter. “Of course, now everyone will know!” Wolfgang exclaimed.”

Perhaps the only reason to check out this recut?

http://www.dvdtalk.com/hd/new_cuts_for_new_formats.html

Ryan

RCox
    Participant

Now if they could only put something in the movie to make it watchable. Shame that Elfman’s great music for PotA has had to be featured in two very lacking films.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

That is a piece, believe it or not, from Danny Elfman. And it’s from the film Planet of the Apes. And it’s so funny, no one will ever know…

Other than people who’ve seen the movie or have heard the score, ya dope!

RCox
    Participant

I could be wrong, but I believe PotA grossed more than Troy.

Natrebo
    Participant

Troy made $133,378,256 and cost $175 million

POTA made $180,011,740 and cost $100 million

awaits the YouTube video

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.