Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Danny Elfman should do this!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

George Lucas is taking John Williams’ Star Wars score on a concert tour. People can listen to the music, view scenes on a big screen and visit a mini museum. Read more about it here:
    http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/

Danny Elfman should do that with, say, his Batman score. Batman is popular again. If WB did a concert tour called Batman in Concert, people may show up.

Or maybe not. What do you think, Ryan? You’re the expert around here.

Thor
    Participant

I think EDWARD would be the greatest contender for this. After all, they’ve already made a ballet out of it. Did they take that out on tour, btw?

Nick Parker
    Participant

I would not mind that in principle, but I would like for them to do it more tastefully than that Star Wars Concert. Though John Williams has proven his legitimacy as a “serious” composer many times, many critics tend to ignore those and often point to Star Wars to raise their point (and of course they never listened to the entire thing, only the Main Theme and the Imperial March). Having the music performed with all of those gimmicks and effects does not help his case…but of course those kinds of concerts are for the Star Wars geeks, not those who just want to enjoy the music. I imagine a similar concert for Danny Elfman (especially if we are discussing one of his more bombastic and famous works such as Batman) would not help his credibility, either. But boy, would “Descent into Mystery” be awesome to hear live….

Thor, I don’t think the Edward musical was that successful. It did go on tour, but only a few key cities. Edward Scissorhands isn’t that popular aside from the emo/goth crowd. Something like Batman would fare better for an Elfman concert tour. It’s a score everyone knows and loves and it’s Batman.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

There was already a STAR WARS concert tour (Erich Kunzel), and frankly I don’t need to hear the Cantina band piece ever again.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

The US premiere of Star Wars in Concert is taking place literally blocks away from where I live, but alas, it is WAY too expensive for me.

detbat
    Participant

YEs Mathew Bourne’s Edward Scissorhands was taken on tour!
    I saw it twice in Sydney at the Opera House and loved it soo much!!

Was amazing and so powerful including all the beautiful Elfman sadness and quirky-goodness!!

I try to attend any of my interests in film music related live concerts and recently was at a Star Trek movies 1 – 11 night and CRAVE I REPEAT CRAVE ELFMAN LIVE MUSIC!!!!

It has never been a reality and want to change that asap!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.