Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Danny… in RANGO

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Saw RANGO tonight – brilliant! And strangely enough, Danny’s “Finale” from THE KINGDOM is dropped into a pivotal moment of the film. And it worked brilliantly! Who’da thunk?

bookbinder3
    Participant

It’s worth seeing is it? Ok.
    Can Hans just not be bothered to write music for the films he scores now? Or is there a good reason for that cue being used?

johnmullin
    Participant

Well, there doesn’t really need to be a reason other than the people who made the movie liked the piece… They were willing to spend the money to get it, so they did. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me either since Zimmer has a whole army of McComposers working for him who could have easily done a quick knock-off, but hey it happens. I have a feeling that situations like this would happen a lot more often if it were more economically feasible to do so.

Funny, it was only last year when Danny randomly popped up in the Kick-Ass soundtrack. I wonder what film he’ll randomly pop up next year.

Lucius
    Participant

I finally saw the movie this weekend. Like Ryan I thought it was amazing and Danny’s cue worked perfectly in the movie. That’s all, just wanted to throw in my 2¢.

Lucius

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I forgot that they used the Elfman piece when I saw it today. What a pleasant surprise.

I was also surprised that Rango’s theme is also Nino Rota’s from Il Casanova.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.