Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Danny signs with UMPG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Elfman signs with UMPG

11:21 | Thursday September 24, 2009

By Paul Williams

Grammy-award-winning composer Danny Elfman, whose work includes numerous movie scores and The Simpsons theme, has signed a global deal with Universal Music Publishing Group.

The agreement takes in the entire Oingo Boingo catalogue, which Elfman founded with his older brother Richard, all the publishing interests he has retained in his film and television compositions and the interests he retains in new works.

Elfman’s catalogue covers more than 70 film projects, while his works have been included on nearly 50 soundtrack albums. Among his many career highlights are the scores to the movies Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Nightmare Before Christmas and Mission: Impossible.

A number of his scores have featured in Tim Burton movies and that relationship will continue into 2010 as he is composing the score to Burton’s forthcoming Alice In Wonderland starring Johnny Depp and Anne Hathaway. He is also composing The Wolfman directed by Joe Johnston and starring Benicio Del Toro, Emily Blunt and Anthony Hopkins.

Source: http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1038752&c=1

Does this mean new Oingo Boingo CD’s and Darkened Theater 3?

Weepy Donuts
    Participant

Interesting.

I may be just a little short-sighted, but: “Sweet, I can finally hear the original version of Sledgehammer. Eat it, the TV Theme Players!”

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

It’s likely anything that Elfman owns rights to will eventually be licensed and released on album. Which is good news for us!

Weepy Donuts
    Participant

I would imagine that Elfman owns the rights to most of his work and will be happy to release them to the fans.

I’ve been impressed that, generally speaking, a portion of his music has been released (e.g. The Family Man; Dead President suites) even if a proper score album was not produced. I have always assumed that Elfman’s contract stipulates that some portion of his score must be released.

My request: Please release the complete “Dolores Claiborne” score!

I’ll be happy if they release Darkened Theater 3 and a remastered Oingo Boingo compilation with Only A Lad, Little Girls, Violent Love, Grey Matter, Private Life, Reptiles and Samurai, Gratitude, Just Another Day, Dead Man’s Party, Weird Science, We Close Our Eyes, and the cover of I Am the Walrus. Oh, and remastered Forbidden Zone soundtrack as well.

Nick Parker
    Participant

Come on, Rabbit and Rogue….

Monsterhead
    Participant

Well, I’d love to hear me some more “Nacho Libre” music… All in all, great news.

Nacho Libre would probably be included in Darkened Theater 3. I don’t think a stand alone Nacho Libre score album would sell.

Monsterhead
    Participant

You’re right.. Besides – I think we’re all ready for Volumes 3 & 4, to say the least.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.