Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Danny’s AMAZING STORIES on CD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Intrada is releasing Vol. 1 of AMAZING STORIES episodic scores, including “Mummy, Daddy” by Danny Elfman and Steve Bartek. Over thirteen minutes of music!

Ryan

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Speaking of that fantastic show, I believe the first season will be out on DVD in June. It was around before I was born, but I’ve watched a bunch of them and I love it. I still scan the Sci-Fi Channel for “Mummy, Daddy” and “Family Dog” because I’ve never seen either one, but so far my favorite has been “Fine Tuning.”

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Well, I was a small kid when they first aired. I can still remember the opening titles with the Native Indians gathering around the fire. The eps I remember most is the eps called “Go To The Head of The Class” directed by Robert Zemeckis and starring Christopher Lloyd as a sadistic professor who ends up losing his head. Glad to have this CD!

Small world: Danny’s eps “Mummy, Daddy” was directed by William Dear (“Harry and The Hendersons”) whose cousin is my good friend’s mother.

Ryan

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I ordered it and will soon be in my collection.

Here’s the info on the DVD release:

Monsterhead
    Participant

Favorite Episode: REMOTE CONROL MAN – about some unhappy schlump who finds a high tech remote control and is able to turn every one in his family into someone from a TV show. Funny stuff. Look for Sid Haig in a small role.

THE FAMILY DOG (where’s the CD with that music?) was great. I remember most of these episodes from when I was a kid, and I’m happy to see them coming out on DVD. Another great episode is Scorsese’s MIRROR,MIRROR about a horror novelist who is being stalked by a killer who only he can see in reflective surfaces. Sam Waterston starred, and I seem to recall Tim Robbins was the killer – looked just like Vincent Price from HOUSE OF WAX.

polarbrrr13
    Participant

There is a full copy of Family Dog available on YouTube for those who haven’t seen it before:
    http://youtube.com/profile?user=Ryebread

act quick, cuz i’m sure it’s copyright infringement, but it’s there in full in three parts.

the music is distinctly elfman and the animation is distinctly brad bird (the incredibles). it was even more enjoyable seeing it again as an adult (as i saw it the first time as a kid).

enjoy!
    kelly

Monsterhead
    Participant

Hardly Brad Bird? I disagree. I love how the canned dog food wiggles and slides out of the can. Great sound design too. That was great animation, take a second look. It may not have been CG, but it was still good looking stuff….

Dawg Man
    Participant

It’s always weird to read the credits and see John Williams, Danny Elfman and Steve Bartek all cited together. Incidentally, Tim Burton’s animation design still comes off as awesome after all these years.

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Got mine today

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.