Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Doc Ock is born

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Danny Burton
    Participant

This is definitely one of my favorite tracks from the SM2 score, but as I saw the film I was SO disappointed that my favorite part of the cue, the first half with the prominent percussions was left out of the film!

Now, I was just wondering, where was it supposed to play? When the doctors were trying to cut off the arms? There’s no music playing there and I think the scene works perfectly well without music, but I still miss that part of the cue.

D-Bo
    Participant

I share your feelings on that cue, as well. I can’t be totally sure, but I think it was supposed to go with the “attacking arms” hospital scene.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

That sounds about right. It’s a really good cue, but it just wouldn’t have been as Evil Dead-ish if the music was in there. I was really impressed with that scene in that it was classic Raimi.

Danny Burton
    Participant

Now, what I really want to know is what music was supposed to play in all those scenes with tracked music!!! New music? No music?

There were so many of them Elfman could score an entire movie with them. Literally.

Examples:

– Peter is about to take their picture as MJ and Jameson’s son come down the stairs – “Main titles”

– Spidey swings to stop the thieves in the car before going to MJ’s play – a part of “Revenge”

– The MY BACK!! scene – “Main Titles” again

– Spidey is swinging – Last moments of “Parade Attack” – and then falls to the ground – A part of “Revenge”

– The entire scene with Uncle Ben and him dumping the suit – Last moments of “Final Confrontation” with the big ‘Responsibility Theme” statement

– Just after he stops the train and the people are holding him – Again the big ‘Responsibility Theme” statement at the end of “Final Confrontation”

– During the last showdown with Doc Ock at the pier, Dock Ock throws him out and then he swings back – Choir part of “Revenge” [Those editors sure loved “Revenge” like they should]

There’s so many more but now I can’t recall them.

Can we make an official list of all the tracked parts?

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Whoa, you forgot the Aunt May packing scene! They used “Getting Through,” though there was just about no reason why that the track on the Spider-Man 2 score “Aunt May Packs” was not used. Otherwise, I think you just about made our official list!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.