Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Drag Me To Hell

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    boingomusic
    Participant

Wow… I just saw Sam Raimi’s masterpiece “Drag Me To Hell”. The movie is absolutely amazing. I never thought Sam Raimi would be able to get back to this genre, and succeed.

I have to admit Christopher Young’s music was one of the best scores the composer has ever written. It’s intelligent, the orchestrations are wonderful, and it perfectly fits the film… It really is brilliant, and I couldn’t imagine a better score for this film.

But I can’t help thinking how interesting Danny’s work would have been for this movie. Maybe Elfman hated what Raimi had become with the Spiderman movies, but I assure you THE Sam Raimi is back, and I truely hope Danny will see this film, because I’m sure he’s going to love it !

Who else has seen the film ?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Saw it, loved it. I thought Chris Young’s work was perfect. This is Young’s genre, and he does his best here. SPIDER-MAN is not really his thing.

admin
    Participant

Wasn’t some of the music Lalo Schifrin’s unused music for The Exorcist, which was then used for The Amityville Horror?

Monsterhead
    Participant

Yes it was. After the recording session for The Exorcist, William Friedkin took the music reels and threw them outside.

Indeed Drag Me to Hell was an excellent score for Young, one of the best that I’ve heard from him. I’m glad that Danny didn’t do it, actually. It felt like “been there, done that” to me. I’d rather take Milk or Standard Operating Procedure over the likes of this, or hell, Terminator Salvation.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Yes, Schifrin’s “Rock Ballad” ‘Exorcist’ music was tracked into the film.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.