Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Edward Scissorhands ballet debuts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

More info here: London Theatre Guide.

I’ve been told the ballet would have had more of Elfman’s participation had he been available. The adaptation of his music was arranged by Terry Davies.

More info is also available at the ballet’sofficial website.

Ryan

chocothrax
    Participant

I never live near anything interesting.

Elfman
    Participant

Dabord, j’aimerais saluer TOUS les Fans de Danny Elfman de la Porvince du QUÉBEC. Je parles au nom de tous ceux et celles qui aime sa musique, son style et son énorme talent qui dépasse les frontières.

Tout comme vous chers fans du d’Elfman du monde entier, ”Edward Scissorhands” communément appellé en français : ”Edward aux main d’argent”, est considéré comme étant un film CULTE et un chef-d’œuvre cinématographique. Et, il n’en demeure pas moins que la musique de ce film est tout aussi bien considérée comme une des meilleures trame sonores d’Elfman, même si nous savons que ”Batman” est toujours SA MEILLEURE de sa carrière. C’est une idée intéressante de voir une adaptation au Ballet sur ce petit bijou de film…

Salutations encore une fois, à tous les Elfman’s fans du Québec et si vous êtes comme moi, qui avez tant adoré ”Edward Scissorhands” alors NE ratez pas cette chance, procurez vous une place pour aller voir cette adaptation au ballet d’Edward Scissorhands. Faites-vous plaisir.

:)

sajrocks
    Participant

Move! That’s what I did…

:)

saj

sajrocks
    Participant

There is a great preview of the project at The Independent.

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/theatre/features/article327669.ece

We can probably expect the ballet in the states sometime in late 2006, I would assume.

hornetz
    Participant

I’m currently in London right now and saw Edward Scissorhands at the Sandler Well’s theatre. It was very well done and the new arrangements of Danny Elfman’s score were true to the original. Music for ballet (which is technically what Edward Scissorhands is) and music for a movie are different. Music in a movie supplements the action but in a ballet it must carry the story as well. That was one of the reasons they had someone else work on it, Danny Elfman has no experience with theater music but Terry Davies does. Anyway, it was supurb and I hope that it comes to the states soon. It would be a pitty if it didn’t since it is an American movie and I know lots of people who would love to see it but just don’t have the time to fly to Europe for a weekend.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.