Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Elfman beats Williams.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    guitarfreak
    Participant

I just returned from a recent trip to Berklee College of Music being that I want to attend after highschool. While I was in the Admissions office, I was pointed at a piece of paper thumbtacked to a bulletin board. It was titled ‘The Most Hottest Film Composers Right Now!’ I saw that Danny Elfman was number one, with John Williams leading a bit behind with second. Is this a statistic, or pure opinon? I found one website with Elfman at the top, and Williams coming in second. (http://www.theboxset.com/topten.php?list_id=51)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Who knows? It’s a piece of paper tacked to a wall!

Ryan

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I’m from just north of Boston! Not for long, though… California in September, woooo! I know Berklee’s a good school for music and that it’s right near Fenway Park. How’d you like it?

RCox
    Participant

One of the reasons for Williams’ tumble could be his relaxed output as of late. Sure, he did four scores in 2005, but hasn’t done anything since, his next score scheduled for a May 2008 release. That’s why he dropped down a few spots on FSM’s annual countdown.

guitarfreak
    Participant

Berklee is quite amazing. a lot of successful musicians/composers such as Howard Shore come out of there.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Well, in terms of contributing to movies with the greater box office receipts, I believe Williams is #1.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.