Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Elfman Medleys

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Weepy Donut
    Participant

I love to cut up and mix Elfman on Cool Edit combining loads of different scores. I end up creating some intense medleys of Elfman’s stuff – some thematic, some percussive, etc.
    Am I the only geek who spends free time doing this?
    What are the chances we would be able to share our creations?!
    Elfman can be experienced in so many different ways. It would be cool to see how people can interpret it.

D-Bo
    Participant

I love doing that stuff. I posted some at least a year ago, maybe longer. But here’s a new one I did recently.

Spidey Action

A lot of these things I do for gaming purposes, thus they are primarily action-driven, with no real thematic value necessarily.

Danny Burton
    Participant

Oh, I just LOVED that 12-minute suite you posted last year, D-Bo.

I was just wondering, what kind of software do you guys use for this cut and paste job?

D-Bo
    Participant

“Cut and paste job”, he says. Ahahaha.

*ahem*

I use Adobe Audition, currently version 1.5. Audition is really the same ‘Cool Edit’ that Weepy Donut mentioned in the first post, but Adobe bought it somewhere along the line.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

It’s so funny that this topic came up because last night I started fiddling with an Elfman suite myself. I am sequencing it in a random order; just picking cues without thinking too much about it and then cutting them down and into the piece. I figured it might be interesting to put together a suite of music that isn’t just big themes and highlights but little bits and pieces.

I usually use Adobe Audition for this type of thing but I’m trying Sony’s Vegas. With Vegas you can even create 5.1 audio, which is kind of cool.

Ryan

Kane0rz
    Participant

Hey, im currently writting a Danny Elfman Medley for full film orchestra using sibelius 1.4 its quite hard work but its quite rewarding. once ive got a good way through ill post my medley

ta ta

Kane (Kane0rz)

p.s im writting an arrangement of the spiderman theme for orchestra atm…what ive completed so far is on the members creations area in the discussion forum of Cerulean Pictures. theres also alot of other great arrangements of danny elfman pieces and other film scores

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.