Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Elfman scores

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Now before anyone jumps down my throat know that I am a huuuuge Elfman fan, and as a music student I’m just curious. I’d like to know, when you hear the final product of an Elfman score (like on the CD) how much of the greatness is Elfman and how much is his orchestrator? How does his process work?

SleepyHello
    Participant

the greatness is Elfman.

Anonymous

Hey I love Elfman as much as the next guy, but c’mon, lets face it. The work isn’t all his. He writes the themes, he composes a huge chunk of the score. Whatever doesn’t fit right the orchestrator changes in the end. Next thing we’re gonna say is “Elfman composes, orchestrates, conducts the orchestra and the choir”.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Elfman’s orchestrator (usually Steve Bartek), helps Danny get the desired sound, or performance, from the orchestra. That’s what an orchestrator does.

Anonymous

I think Danny probably does a lot of orchestrating now that he’s very experienced. Back when he first started he needed a lot of help. On Batman he had a whole team of people helping. Helping to orchestrate and to writing stuff to harmonize the Batman theme.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.