Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Elfman to score IMAX: Deap Sea 3-D

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    sajrocks
    Participant
    Dawg Man
    Participant

Comingsoon.net is usually pretty accurate, unlike IMDB.

Besides the one sheet was just released and Elfman’s name is on it.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

It’s true. I don’t have specific details, but I’ve heard that either a) “Serenada” is being used for the IMAX film or b) both the IMAX film and “Serenada” are being recorded in the same sessions.

As you can see it’s quite frustrating relying on my trickle of information!

Ryan

Ghost Moth
    Participant

For what little it’s worth, the IMAX site claims it will be an “original score.”

http://www.imax.com/ImaxWeb/filmDetail.do?type=comingSoon&movieID=code__.__20

Ghost Moth
    Participant

Wanting to turn a stupid accidental double post into something useful…

I found some interesting details about what to expect in the film courtesy of the film-makers:

http://www.howardhall.com/currentpro.html

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Good week! I imagine that the music will be original, and there better be a CD release with it. This looks like a terrific movie for Danny to score, and with it and “Believe it or Not,” I’m almost completely satisfied with him not doing “Spider-Man 3.” Odd that this slipped by so undetected! Unless Ryan’s known all along.

sajrocks
    Participant

For those of us with barely a trickle of information, we greatly appreciate your spill-off, Ryan. Thanks for the confirmation!

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Hmm, the studio for Deep Sea 3D is Warner Bros. Didn’t Elfman strike a deal with Warner’s, to get the rights back to one of his scripts?

johnmullin
    Participant

I would guess it’s new music. I can’t picture Seranda Schizophrenia accompaning footage of sea life.

Dawg Man
    Participant

Maybe they’re trying to freak out audiences these days.

Knight
    Participant

Nah, they are just gonna chop up some of his old music, it will go like this:

Fade in, camera slowly moves through the water as we see beautiful sea plants slowly waving with the current… [CUE Part 1 from Elfman’s PeeWee’s Playhouse Suite]

Slowly drifting out of the haze, we see a shark swimming towards us. He begins to speed towards the camera, the suspence builds… [CUE Suzie’s Theme from To Die For]

Moving upwards, we see some of the smaller and more colourful fish swimming through the sun beams… [CUE Descent into Mystery from Batman]

As we move back towards the bottom of the ocean, we come upon a sunken shipwreck, the small sea creatures swimming around it making it seem almost alive… [CUE Overture from The Nightmare Before Christmas]

:D

Knight (Who is out of ideas, anyone got any?)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.