Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Elfman to score Mystic Manor ride for Hong Kong Disneyland

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Tikiman
    Participant
    bookbinder3
    Participant

Here’s the paragraph with the Elfman mention:

Hong Kong Disneyland is expanding and they will be adding a Toy Story Playland, Grizzly Gulch, and Mystic Manor. Speaking of cultural differences, many Chinese believe that ghosts are the spirits of their ancestors and nothing to fear. Therefore, Disney decided to make the mansion all about the supernatural. You are invited to an open house at an eccentric millionaire’s house, a crazy monkey takes over, and everything goes wrong. Danny Elfman is composing the theme music. Both Bruce and Craig felt that Hong Kong might be getting the best Haunted Mansion anywhere.

This kind of music doesn’t usually get released does it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

There are attraction soundtracks, but they can be hard to find. They usually sell them at the park, or you can search through online marketplaces.

Weepy Donuts
    Participant

Polindsay Wrote:

> There are attraction soundtracks, but they can be
    > hard to find. They usually sell them at the park,
    > or you can search through online marketplaces.

Yeah. I bought “Disney’s Haunted Mansion: Walt Disney World Forever” in 2005. As many giftshops as there are in Disney World, I could only find it at a small cart outside of the Haunted Mansion attraction.

They have produced different versions. I believe there is a version with a hidden thirteenth track. There is also a new version which doesn’t include John Debney’s Disneyland Paris – too bad because Debney’s music is a fun listen, and it features Vincent Price’s narration.

I would assume that Danny Elfman’s music will be made available – how limited the release, I don’t know.

moongirl84
    Participant

Hey I got “Disney’s Haunted Mansion: Walt Disney World Forever” too. I bought mine at a Goodwill store but it was still wrapped and brand new. Best $3 I’ve ever spent.

Thor
    Participant

Wow, Elfman is really composing music for every conceivable arena!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Interview with Danny on his scoring Mystic Manor:

http://www.timeout.com.hk/around-town/features/40541/danny-elfman.html

elfboy91
    Participant

Cool interview. Although Ray Harryhausen isn’t a composer.. haha!

It was cool to learn about his FANTASIA experience. That’s one of my all-time favorite movies and to hear he likes it too is really exciting for some reason.

moongirl84
    Participant

Here’s a video.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

LOL – love the shots of Danny looking into the model.

Is that the actual music on the video?

Thor
    Participant

Doubt that. Sounded too “simple”.

dr.giggles
    Participant

I was searching for The Forbidden Zone 2 news and apparently back in April, Elfman went back to China write more music for the Disneyland ride. Huh? Think we’ll ever get to hear the current soundtrack?

Danny won't be here for City Council ceremony making April 20 officially "Oingo Boingo Day" in Los Angeles!! Danny's…

Posted by Richard Elfman on Monday, April 11, 2016

boingomusic
    Participant

Well, you can hear it here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUSF5pflF08

And it sounds amazing!!!!! You can hear Danny sing at 2:15 ;-)

Thor
    Participant

Thanks, boingomusic! Now to find a version without sound effects…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Disney has released a new virtual tour video of Mystic Manor with perfect audio quality (with very few sound effects.) So far this is the best way so far to experience the ride — short of attending HK Disneyland.

Thor
    Participant

Thanks, Ryan. Better sound than the previous video, but still with those annoying sound effects. But it’s the best we got at the moment.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.