Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion “Elfman’s music of Burton” concert now in Switzerland, along with “Alice in Wonderland” screening with LIVE ORCHESTRA

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    boingomusic
    Participant

For the past few years, Luzern’s 21st Century Orchestra has become very important.
    They’ve been playing a lot of Film Music concerts, and live orchestra screenings around the world…

The week-end of March 21st-23rd is going to be a nice week-end for Elfman Fans.

First, Danny Elfman’s music from the films of Tim Burton, march 21st.

http://www.artproductions.ch/konzerte51.html

Then, Alice In Wonderland screening with LIVE orchestra playing the whole score, march 22nd and 23rd

http://www.artproductions.ch/konzerte52.html

How cool is that ???

DannyBiker
    Participant

Very cool.
    Got some family in Switzerland, I might attend.

Edit : no I won’t, I’m working on a Festival during that period. Darn.

boingomusic
    Participant

Haha, according to Film Music Reporter, Elfman will attend these two events next week!!!!!
    How cool is that?!??? Seeing Elfman three times in a year?!?!!!!

Danny Elfman to Attend ‘Alice in Wonderland’ World Premiere Live to Projection Concert

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Anyone going to San Diego Comic Con this year? If you are you need to go here: EMARCADERO MARINA PARK SOUTH Friday night. This is an outdoor concert so you bring your lawn chair and sit any where around the event for free.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Very cool indeed. I’m even more bitter that I can’t attend…

boingomusic
    Participant

There’s actually going to be a Q & A before the show, and a meet & greet and signing session after the show…
    They still don’t know if he’s going to sing. It has not been decided yet!

boingomusic
    Participant

The concert was amazing. Elfman attended the whole concert, and then, came on stage at the end.
    He sang “What’s this” as an additional encore.

After the concert, he quickly came in the lobby and met the fans, took time to sign autographs, take photos and talk to the people. It was very nice. The next day, the orchestra played the complete Alice In Wonderland score, syncnronized to the movie, It was outstanding. At the end, again, Elfman met the audience in the lobby.
    If you like film music, you definitely need to go to Lucerne to hear the 21st Century Orchestra play at the KKL.
    Their professionalism, and their organisation is fantastic, and they make it easy to meet and talk to great composers.
    Howard Shore, Michael Giacchino, Lisa Gerrard and Hans Zimmer are next!

Here’s a link to the AUDIO recording of the Q&A with Elfman, in Lucerne :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_e7BWVo3o

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Nice! Glad you enjoyed the concert.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.