Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Expanded 2 disc Dick Tracy from Intrada

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

‘Two releases this time. One an early 80s tropical coming of age tale gets a fresh look in this new expanded edition. The LP was this composer’s first album! Second is a 2-CD set greatly expanding an early 90s primary-color comic book adaption. Features composers’ brilliantly produced original CD program plus expanded program.’

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7258

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

This is why I’ve had THE HAUNTED MANSION in my cart at SAE. Had to wait for this ;)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster
    Monsterhead
    Participant

What a great surprise. And that second disc! Already ordered…

DannyBiker
    Participant

Man, dropping 40€ for a CD in 2016. I’ll only ever do it for the Elf…

Thor
    Participant

It’s a great score, and I’m glad it’s getting back in circulation again (I understand it’s hard to find these days), but as those of you who know me might surmise, I’m more than set with the original album (which they also include here). I have no interest in the complete score.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Got mine over the weekend and I must say, its a fantastic expanded release. So great to hear Elfman’s musical canvas breathe across these two discs. I particularly liked Flattop’s Entrance, Kid Montage (unused in the movie),Tracy Gets Nabbed, Gasser and Mano a Mano. I was worried that all those short cues would feel like stop-and-go; but the cues flow nicely together. The alternate cues are subtle, but its nice to hear them included. Glimmers of Batman, but more of a precursor to The Flash and Darkman than I remembered. Its the Elfman I loved as a kid. Having listened to the original release many times over the past 26 years (!?), the remastering is an equally satisfying revelation.

This will be on repeat over the next few weeks for sure.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I feel like this was top of the ‘needs to be expanded’ Elfman list. Hopeful for Dolores Claiborne, Darkman, Mission: Impossible or Nightbreed to come too.

Of course we still need a proper release for Family Man.

Also nice to see Intrada picking up since it’s been two years since the last Lalaland Elfman release.

Monsterhead
    Participant

I’ve heard that an expanded Mission: Impossible is on its way…

DannyBiker
    Participant

Oh my god, an expanded Mission: Impossible ?? Are you trying to kill me ? Life will now feel tasteless until it’s released…

ddddeeee
    Participant

There’s also the seemingly perpetually delayed Midnight Run release from Lalaland.

sajrocks
    Participant

Lest we forget… “Warren was insane.

lonzoe
    Participant

Besides the editing is there any differences between the 1990 Original Score Album and the “Unedited And Additional Original Score Cues”?

ddddeeee
    Participant

I was happy to read from Roger Feigelson on FSM that is a ‘big seller’.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.