Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Expanded Hellboy II from Varese

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

The emojis have spoken.

https://twitter.com/VareseSarabande/status/1760357820271116336

Really wasn’t expecting this. Absolutely love this one. The mix in the film is absolutely hideous, so there’s hopefully some great stuff in here.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Tracklist and samples.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Excited for this. Now…bring on the expanded NIGHTBREED already!

Danny Elfman – Hellboy 2: The Golden Army (Original Motion Picture Score – Deluxe Edition CD)

ddddeeee
    Participant

Elfman and Del Toro were interviewed for the liner notes. Del Toro has also been promoting the release on Twitter. Shame nothing more came from this collaboration. Though I think the score is mixed terribly in the film.

ddddeeee
    Participant

ddddeeee
    Participant

Received the CDs today and rewatched the movie this weekend.

I really do love this score. I’m not sure this release is really essential as the original album did a great job representing it. But when the music is this good, I’m happy to have every note. I really like the expanded ‘Where Fairies Dwell’ and a lot of the smaller cues do clarify the themes.

The movie is brilliant, too. Probably the last really good fantasy movie Elfman’s scored.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yes, it wasn’t the most needed expanded reissue, the original album is quite solid and its edits even make the tracks more focused for a listening experience.
    I’ll just forever regret that he didn’t come up with stronger themes for this one, especially since he composed killer ones for other scores that year. With a more memorable Hellboy theme, it would be one of his best scores.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

My copy from Varese finally arrived!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.