Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Feedback opportunity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

This post sort of ties into the “Darkman and redesigning” thread I posted earlier.

What I’d like to hear are suggestions from you guys on what you’d like integrated into the redesign. Keep in mind that I am already in the middle of revising the site, so if you say you want the name changed or the background to be green, sorry, I can’t do that!

I’ve already nailed the biggest request: “change the font color, it’s too dark!!” Yes, when the new design is unveiled the font color will be bright white!

I’m also adding some video files to the site, an Elfman biog (I’m trying to make this one different, as in it doesn’t start with Elfman being born in Texas), improving the layout significantly — though this means most of the old graphics will be gone :( Oh well, can’t stand in the way of progress. I’ll also be correcting all the audio clips that are broken, and redoing a lot of the reaaaally old Real Audio clips made way back in ’97!

I appreciate any feedback.

Ryan

mike
    Participant

you could make the boards a bit more brighter
    hard to read the messages sometimes. maybe change the backgrond color

i’ve only been here 3 days and i already love this place so whatever you’re doing it’s working. just don’t change it so much that it becomes a completly new beast

Anonymous

You know, blogs are all the rage. You could assemble a team of freelance (heavy on the free) editors to maybe have some daily/weekly updated content. The kids love that stuff. Keeps ’em tuned in.

Danny Burton
    Participant

Pictures!! Trivia!!

Katie
    Participant

The font is dark. It makes the pages hard to read.

Just kidding . . . never had a problem with the font. I think it would be really cool if the news page got revamped . . . maybe a different format or something to make it more “inviting” (pictures?) . . . also, possibly, some disclaimer/FAQ type information on the home page, not just the discussion board (may reduce the number of posters wanting sheet music etc.)

I LOVE the features section . . . I don’t care if the layout changes but don’t take it away from me!

Danny Burton
    Participant

You know what would totally rock?

If you Ryan somehow got videos or pictures of the scoring sessions of Danny’s scores.

Anonymous

You know what would totally rock? !!!!! Are you really kNOW???!
    If you Ryan somehow got mp3 of the Darkman score. You really can`t do any harm if you place all songs from Darkman album in this site. Darkman is OUT OF RINT!!! IT IS OUT-OF-PRINT! I want to buy it, but i can`t! I really can not buy it (even through Internet). And i am not alone, ALL bielorussian fans can`t buy it through internet. Not because i have not a money – NOT . I can`t buy it because the trading through Internet in our country is impossible!
    Listen, This album is OUT OF PRINT, and any audio studio do not want to release it in future. We can t wait for it because none want to release or rerelease it! Is Darkman lost for all bielorussian fans????? IS IT LOST????
    It it cruel……Why all you can`t help us.
    If anyone want to help us then send us Darkman mp3 to halloween2003@tut.by or say to us from where we can download it.

Anonymous

Um, just saying “ye-har” for the font colour change. I think I’ve probably made comments about that for… what is it, 5 years? Longer? Other than that, I like the site, so improvements must be even better. Nice to have a cool-arty-professional-well-connected site for Elfman fans. :o)
    Blunt

mike
    Participant

wow this place has been here for 5 years?
    i wish i had come hear earlier

mike
    Participant

i think he has to get the rights to that before putting on here
    and rights cost a lot of money

mike
    Participant

you can just watch DVD’s for that

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Mike this site has been around technically since 1996. It really became a real serious site in ’97.

Ryan

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Danny — I will be adding video clips from the various DVDs that feature Elfman interviews as well as scoring session footage. If you already have these DVDs, the videos won’t be much of a surprise, but for other casual surfers I think they’ll be a lot of fun.

Ryan

Danny Burton
    Participant

Awesome!

The only one I don’t have is Red Dragon. I hated that film so much I really can’t bring myself to drop all that money on the 2-disc set.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I have that set (for the Elfman commentary only – not a fan of the tame film) and will add those clips as well. So far I have APES (plus the MTV segment, thanks to Pammy) and SPIDER-MAN ready to go. I’ve broken them down to multiple files around 1 min in length so downloading is quicker. Unfortunately (for some) I encoded the first files as Windows Media Player files, but I’m considering Quicktime. It’s all about bandwidth, since in ’05 I will have to start spending $$ to maintain this site.

Ryan

mike
    Participant

and all this time i thought i was the only elfman nut in the world
    i wish i could have been here earlier so i could have talked about “ed scissorhands”

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.