Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Film Score Monthly poll: Honorary Oscar?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    D-Bo
    Participant

There’s an interesting poll going on right now at the Film Score Monthly site. They ask:

Which composer is most likely to win a lifetime “Honorary” Oscar instead of a competitive Oscar?

According to the people’s opinion so far, Danny Elfman is currently in second place behind Lalo Schifrin. Thomas Newman is in third.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/polls/index.cfm?pollID=321

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I’m shocked that FSM has forgotten that Hans Zimmer won an Oscar in 1994 for THE LION KING.

gordonblu
    Participant

This is sort of off the subject, but I didn’t know Carter Burwell was doing the score to “Where the Wild Things Are”! Of course I didn’t know they actually got anywhere onf film version of the story in the frst place! I think he’ll be a good choice, although that was always one of those stories I had hoped Danny would do. Oh well I’ll just have to console myself with Alice next year. Forget console myself, I’ll be dancing in the aisles!

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Ha! Well if there’s anyone more deserving of an honorary Oscar, it’s Elfman. Although it’s cool to see Bruce Brougton’s gotten plenty of votes as well. He’s a guy who has produced a lot of great music but doesn’t get enough recognition for it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.