Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Forbidden Zone 2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    arrogantbastard
    Participant

Just saw the show MONSTER MAN on the SYFY channel that had Richard Elfman working with the special FX team on his sequel to THE FORBIDDEN ZONE! I’m sure everyone here knows that was Danny’s first score and acting gig. Anyway, Does anyone have any info on this? THere’s no IMDB listing!

Here’s a full musical clip from the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi8lcJDlaVg oh it’s sorta NSFW i think

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Well the music is clearly by Danny. Not sure what is going on in this clip, however.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Wow.

lonzoe
    Participant

Wow didn’t know Joan Rivers was in this looks like not only she got her face done again but her body now as well. :D All kidding aside the music sounds good. Thought the Forbidden Zone theme was used well in it. Sounds like it might bea mock-up of Elfman’s music. Probably b/c of budget. This looks like it’s going to be just as bizarre and crude as the original but in color this time.Wonder if SYFY channel will air this when completed?

arrogantbastard
    Participant

i found more footage and Richard Elfman is talking about his brother Danny and the music in the new Forbidden Zone ..
    And it does sound like SyFy is producing the movie- check out the interview and footage –

Thor
    Participant

Cool, so that new song WAS by Danny?

Anonymous
    Inactive

on oficcial site of Ego Plum, we can download this song. Instrumental or vocal versions.
    http://egoplum.com/ —-> music for moving pictures

> songs/musicals

> find in page.
    Sorry, bad inglish.

Thor
    Participant

Is the above a link to a legit site where I can download FORBIDDEN ZONE songs or is it a spam/virus?

DannyBiker
    Participant

As “Ego Plum” is credited in the video’s credits, I would assume it’s legit.

Who is he ? ‘Cause maybe he wrote the song and just adapted Elfman’s themes; that would be why Elfman’s name is on there…

arrogantbastard
    Participant

has anyone been able to download it? I’m not sure how to download the song. Help! it sounds friggin awesome to me! sounds old school like peewee or something

If you listen to the interview with Richard he says something like “Danny and our friend Ego Plum are putting a music number together blah blah blah” Does anyone have any more information about this?

dr.giggles
    Participant

“Great tune by Danny Elfman/Ego Plum!”

“I’ll get brother Danny to reprise his Devil role, singing a knockout version of “St. James Infirmary Blues,” and we’ll shoot the “Crenshaw” scenes in Ghana.”

-Richard Elfman

http://www.buzzine.com/article/article-richard-elfman-03022011

Thor
    Participant

Ha! That would be awesome if he got Danny to repeat his Satan role!

mongoose_mania
    Participant

I don’t know if anybody here attended the Q&A with Danny Elfman on May 8th, but someone in the audience asked if he could talk about his collaboration with Ego Plum, and Danny seemed to be completely unaware there was one. But he did say that if his brother says he’s doing some music, then he must be doing some music. It’s his older brother, after all.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yeah, I’m not surprised (read my earlier post above) : I was sure that it was an original ‘Ego Plum’ composition based on Elfman’s themes…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.