Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion “Forbidden Zone” LIVE in L.A. – Opens this Friday!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    cklemow
    Participant

Hi, folks – if you should happen to be in Los Angeles, you can, starting this Friday, May 21, come to the Sacred Fools Theater Company to see FORBIDDEN ZONE: LIVE IN THE 6TH DIMENSION, the world premiere stage adaptation of the film adaptation of the old stage shows of the Mystic Knights of the OINGO BOINGO! (Whew, wrap yer mind around that!)

Not a dream! Not an imaginary story! It’s a World Premiere musical based on the film FORBIDDEN ZONE – featuring all the wonderful Danny Elfman music, as well as all the other songs from that film AND a few extra songs tossed in for no extra charge.

“I just peed a little,” said Wil Wheaton upon learning of this show’s existence! No, seriously, check the comments on his blog here:
    http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/wwdnbackup/2010/05/pico-and-sepulveda-pico-and-sepulveda-pico-and-sepulveda.html

Tickets are on sale now. Details below in m’signature. Hope to see some of you there!

–Corey Klemow
    Webmaster, Sacred Fools & FZ6D.com

Thor
    Participant

Will Wheaton? Is that the kid from STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION?

cklemow
    Participant

Indeed, although he’s become a writer (though he still acts, most recently appearing as a parody of himself on “The Big Bang Theory”), and his blog has quite a following.

9fingeredElf
    Participant

I’ll be there the 29th. Hopefully pee free.

cklemow
    Participant

“I’ll be there the 29th.”

Faboo!

“Hopefully pee free.”

Hold fast to your hopes!

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Going down, down, down…

Natrebo
    Participant

He’s also appeared on recent episodes of the web series “The Guild”.

cklemow
    Participant

…how far CAN you go?
    you might fall into
    a forbidden zone…

DOOT doot DOOT doot DOOT doot DOOT
    doot DOOT Doot DOOT Doot OKAY!

moongirl84
    Participant

I hope this comes to Chicago.

cklemow
    Participant

Holy whahoozalooma. Richard Elfman came to our rehearsal last night. (And, of course, the wireless mics picked that night to go all fritzy and frotzy for the first five minutes or so. Hooray, low-budget theater with high-budget ambitions!) He gave the director some notes, but mostly gave everybody an “attaboy youze guys!” (not the actual words he used) and his stamp of approval for the four songs added to the show (and the show in general).

We’re sold out for opening night and halfway to sold out for Saturday, so if you’re in or en route to L.A., getcher tickets NOW!

–Corey Klemow
    Webmaster, Sacred Fools & FZ6D.com
    plus sound cue operator for FZ6D
    plus “guy getting a different song from FZ6D stuck in his head every day”
    (today’s earworm: “Queen’s Revenge”)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.