Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion forbidden zone love theme sheet music.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    evil-dead
    Participant

hey guys – I just transcribed the piano part (which is pretty much the only thing going on anyway minus a small harp accompaniment) to the love theme from forbidden zone. its super erik satie gnossienne-ish, and awesome early elfman as you all know. i was just wondering if anyone out there has already done this, because there’s 2 measures which i think i got close but im not sure, it sounds like 2 pianos to me, or really quick leaps within one hand, which is do-able but tricky compared to the simplicity of the rest of the piece. so if anyone has this already for me to see how close i got, or anyone wants a copy to check it out let me know. if ya do find something wrong in there please let me know, because i think i’m about 90% right, but my brain exploded from listening to it over and over and i gave up. i know some of you have transcribed some other elfman stuff, so a little help or ciriticism would be appreciated.

thanks y’all.

evil-dead.

mootum
    Participant

Yes, I transcribed the Love Theme years ago (and still play it every once in a while when I sit down to the piano)! Are the measures in question the section lasting from about 20-24 seconds on the CD track?

Let me know and I’ll help out as best I can!

evil-dead
    Participant

yes that’s exactly the section i was having trouble with. i have a pdf of what i came up with, which i’m pretty sure is wrong there i could send you. or if you still have your transcription i would like to take a look.

thanks

evil-dead

mootum
    Participant

The transcription I did was so many years ago, I can only find the printed sheet music at this point, so I don’t have anything that I can send you electronically. But, looking at it again now, I realize that I sort of “cheated” with the notes in that section… that is, because it DOES sound like two different pianos going at the same time, what I did with the right hand is not quite what the actual song sounds like.

Essentially, my transcription is just eighth notes for those two measures, two different keys played with the right hand for each of those 16 eighth notes. Starting an octave above high C, the notes are as follows (“b” meaning “flat”):

Db/Bb Db/Bb C/A C/A Db/Bb Db/Bb Bb/G Bb/G
    C/A C/A A/F A/F Bb/G Bb/G G/Eb G/Eb

To play it the same as in the actual song, as far as I can tell an extra hand would have to be simultaneously playing quarter notes an octave higher as follows: Db C Db Bb C A Bb G

But as best as I can figure out with only 2 hands, playing just that first bit with the right hand is still pretty accurate. Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions or other questions! Hopefully this helped. :)

Javert
    Participant

I would like to view your transcription! How do I get it?

evil-dead
    Participant

i could email you a pdf if you like.

evil-dead
    Participant

i see what you did there, it does work. i came up with something similar that’s possible but trick up to speed, i had Db C Db Bb C A Bb G up high then on the other 8th notes (the “ands”) an octave lower in 3rds with lh accompaniment moving around inversions of Eb toEb diminished and what not. Weird that that one section sounds like 2 pianos and the rest of the piece doesn’t. I could send you what I came up with if you wanted to take a look.

Javert
    Participant
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.