Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Future Projects: Speculation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I’m starting this thread to consider what Elfman might score beyond 2009. The first possibility might be The Hughes Bros.’ return to dramatic features with THE BOOK OF ELI, starring Denzel Washington, Gary Oldman, and Michael Gambon.

IMDb calls it “A post-apocalyptic Western, in which a lone man fights his way across America in order to protect a sacred book that holds the secrets to saving humankind.”

As you might already know, Elfman scored DEAD PRESIDENTS for The Hughes Bros. They ultimately hired Trevor Jones to score FROM HELL, but haven’t made a feature film since.

The film is being produced by Joel Silver, who has never worked with Elfman on a feature, but they are connected twice — TALES FROM THE CRYPT and PERVERSIONS OF SCIENCE. It was also rumored that Elfman would score THE INVASION, also produced by Silver, but when it appeared that movie was a total mess, John Ottman stepped in.

gordonblu
    Participant

I wish Elfman would score a treditional western; it’s one of a few genres He hasn’t done yet. Another would be a medieval fantasy or medieval history type of film, and no, one cut for Army of Darkness doesn’t count. I can’t think of any other genres at the moment.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Apparently Disney is working on an action-adventure movie based on the Tomorrowland section of its theme parks (where I work!). I’ve always wanted to hear Elfman’s take on a space epic. I would hope it wouldn’t resemble his work on “Star Wars” as “Family Guy” suggested it would.

Monsterhead
    Participant

That sounds great! I’d love to hear him tackle this movie. I for one would love to see him continue working with Timur Bekmambetov. TWILIGHT WATCH anyone? Not likely, but hey…

Nick Parker
    Participant

I am quite exicted for his Houdini musical, actually. And I would love to hear Danny Elfman score a “medieval film”!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Here’s a new one:

“Robert Downey Jr and Reese Witherspoon are in talks to star in Warner Bros’ The Days Before and Timur Bekmambetov is in negotiations to direct, according to Production Weekly.

Produced by 300 producer Gianni Nunnari, the sci-fi action spec script was written by Chad St. John (who previously worked on the unproduced script The Further Adventures of Doc Holiday for Bruce Willis). Days Before tells the story of a race of aliens who invade Earth by traveling backwards through time and wiping out humanity, one day at a time, yesterday by yesterday. One man attempts to stay “a yesterday ahead of them”, and every time he must try to convince the world that “the end is coming”, again.

Sounds like a promising sci-fi concept, and if Downey Jr is in fact involved, I’m in. Bekmambetov is an extremely visual director, notable for the Night Watch series and most recently the American comic book adaptation Wanted.”

Source: Slashfilm

Nick Parker
    Participant

Mm, I am not too sure about the film itself, but here is hoping that Bekmambetov that remembers “Wanted” and “9” when it comes time to choose the composer….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.