Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Future Projects

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    sandyclaws
    Participant

I just read this on Music from the Movies:

After Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and The Corpse Bride, Danny Elfman will work on two new films for release in 2006. He has been hired to provide the original score for Charlotte’s Web, Paramount Pictures’ adaptation of E.B. White’s beloved children’s tale, and A Day with Wilbur Robinson, a computer animated Disney picture.

Both films are fairytales fitting Elfman’s style and vision perfectly. Charlotte’s Web is directed by Gary Winick (13 Going on 30) and is a live-action/CG-animated movie. It tells the story about a girl who teams up with a spider named Charlotte in order to save Wilbur the pig from the butcher’s knife. Dakota Fanning stars as the young girl, Julia Roberts does the voice for the spider. A Day with Wilbur Robinson, based on William Joyce’s 1990 book, is about a boy genius who invents a machine that recovers forgotten memories.

Wow…I’m getting excited!!

Sandyclaws

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

That’s great news. I wish I had heard about this when I was talking to someone… Argh :)

Ryan

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Here’s the whole article that Sandyclaws quoted from. It also has a bit about Danny’s “Serenada Schizophrana” at Carnegie Hall

http://www.musicfromthemovies.com/article.asp?ID=462

BATMAN
    Participant

I hate the space-time continuum, I hate waiting!

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I’m a little disappointed about these projects. I really dislike Dakota Fanning and I’m not thrilled about a remake of Charlotte’s Web. The original one was fantastic, and knowing the business nowadays, it’s going to be poorly made. “Racing Stripes” comes to mind as a comparison t what I expect. I’m expecting a “Black Beauty”-esque score for this one. As for the other movie, Disney will really have to win me over with this. They did well with all of the Pixar movies (minus Finding Nemo, which I can’t stand) but now that the deal is over after one more movie, the regular Disney schlock films will most likely keep running. I may only see their first non-Pixar “Chicken Little” because Zach Braff is in it and he’s hilarious, though the rest of it doesn’t seem to look too good. My rant is over, and what I expect is that Danny will have to single-handedly save these movies. Then again I could be wrong.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

I’m with Spider-Fan on this : I can’t say I’m overexcited about these projects, I mean, in a cinematographic point of view. Of course, they could provide very interesting scores but I’m not sure they’ll turn out to be masterpieces.
    Nevertheless, who am I to judge films that haven’t been shot yet; I may be completely wrong (wouldn’t be the first time)…

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I can’t say I’m overexcited about these projects…

Heavens, I am. We’re getting two more fantasy projects from Elfman?

For those who are tired of Elfman doing sequels and super hero films, you got your wish.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

But…I like Elfman superhero and sequel scores! He’s got such skills!

elfmanguy
    Participant

Im not particularly excited about Charlottes web and id have to see pics from the other movie to make an accurate jugement on it but i am happy Elfman will be doing these fantasy-type projects! His work recently has been kinda serious and he was at his best when he did the more whimsical type of movies! And as we can see he is getting back to that! THIS IS THE SECOND COMING OF ELFMAN and we should all feel lucky to be living in this day and age! I believe Elfman will make these movies watchable!

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Actually I think his “Wilbur Robinson” score will probably be pretty cool. I love his Flubber score, and I think it might have that same sort of zany and catchy sound. As for Charlotte’s Web, I still think it’ll sound like Black Beauty, which isn’t a bad thing.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

As for Charlotte’s Web, I still think it’ll sound like Black Beauty, which isn’t a bad thing.

Not at all… Black Beauty could easily go on my Top-5 favorite Elfman scores.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.