Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion goldenthal.filmmusic.com -When?-

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hey Ryan, I saw a topic like this before. I think I also saw it mentioned on your Klaatu Productions site, which, by the way, you guys should all check out: Ryan’s got all sorts of cool CD inserts he made. However back to the question, is your Goldenthal site gunna be up in the near future? If not, that’s ok. I’m just trying to give you extra incentive :-D

Oh, and to keep this Elfman related… which score do you guys prefer, Batman (Elfman), Batman Returns (Elfman), Batman Forever (Goldenthal), or Batman and Robin (Goldenthal)? We all know the answer though, right? :) Also, its ok if you haven’t heard each of the scores, honestly, I won’t blame anyone for not sitting through Batman and Robin :P However, from what you have heard of these scores, what do you like about them? Certain themes? Orchestrations? Motives? etc.

Personnally, I don’t own a copy of Batman Returns, although I have heard some of it on MFADT Vol.2 and seen the movie. IMO, it sounds superior to the first Batman, and probably would be my pick. Otherwise, its the first Batman.

I like Goldenthal’s Orchestrations very much, especially those growling bass sounds; sometimes, in some of his scores, I’m not sure if its just low brass grumbles, or if its synthesized… I also like his use of the crazy sounding jazz big band :) And some of those string patterns he uses are great, although very violent at times.

Anonymous

juju-bean wrote:
    >
    > Hey Ryan, I saw a topic like this before. I think I also saw
    > it mentioned on your Klaatu Productions site, which, by the
    > way, you guys should all check out: Ryan’s got all sorts of
    > cool CD inserts he made. However back to the question, is
    > your Goldenthal site gunna be up in the near future? If not,
    > that’s ok. I’m just trying to give you extra incentive :-D

The Goldenthal site is sort of in a static position right now. I’ve been too obsessed with revising Cinemusic (done) and the Elfman site has been so busy with SPIDER-MAN and MEN IN BLACK II. I guess after RED DRAGON, things should slow down a bit and I should finish off the Goldenthal site. I’m going to put together a sneak preview for the denizens of this board only.

As for the BATMAN scores, I really like them all. It’s a shame that BATMAN AND ROBIN has never been commercially released. There is a great deal of expanded ideas from the FOREVER score that deserve to be heard.

But the first two are of course, my favorites.

Ryan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.