Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Greetings, The Hulk, and stuff..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sborsody
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m new here. My name’s Stacey. I was twisted in my formative years by the surreal sounds of the Oingo Boingo. I got started on the whole crazy ride with Elfman’s work on Beetlejuice. I don’t know if anyone here used to frequent Usenet alt.fan.oingo-boingo. Someone might remember me from there as Cormiac Ru. I even voted for the creation of rec.music.artists.danny-elfman. Since the break-up of Boingo I quietly turned my attention elsewhere, yet never forgetting my roots.

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Tuvan throatsinging on The Hulk soundtrack is canned? I didn’t see it credited so I assume it is, which is too bad. :) I know some professional Tuvan throatsingers that visit the States almost yearly who are available to work on such projects.

I’ve seen comments about Elfman singing the role of Bonejangles and having throat issues. That is also too bad. My Tuvan friends could teach him how to sing all day with a “rough” voice and never have any issues!

.s
    purenaturemusic.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

> Just wondering if anyone knows if the Tuvan throatsinging on The Hulk soundtrack is canned?

Hi Stacey,

I assume that it is, too. Someone posted here ages ago saying that the world music stuff in “Hulk” was left over from Danna’s rejected score. If that’s true, it’s really dissapointing, since the world music stuff was the only part of the “Hulk” score that I dug – everything else just seemed like Elfman on autopilot.

Welcome to the board. There’s a really nice bunch of people posting here, but the fact that a bunch of them don’t speak English natively means that my shitty jokes usually go unappreciated. ;)

Burt

SleepyHello
    Participant

I appreciate your shitty jokes, Burt.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

“but the fact that a bunch of them don’t speak English natively means that my shitty jokes usually go unappreciated”

What ?

:)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.