Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion GSPO – “NmBC Suite”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Swiped…

Golden State Pops Orchestra Presents
    Halloween Fright Night 6
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 8:00 PM

I’m very proud to announce that Conductor Steven Allen Fox, Music director Victor Pesavento, and Executive Director Linda Grimes have asked me to be Special Guest Conductor on their upcoming Halloween concert featuring classic Horror/Sci-Fi music from the past and present, composed by some of Hollywood’s greatest composers. Steven and I will share the podium throughout the evening that promises to be a very exciting concert of rarely, if never, performed film scores. My wife Anna, John Morgan and I did a great deal of the reconstructions and are preparing the orchestral parts. David and Katy Schecter of Monstrous Movie Music are helping out as well. The program is still being worked on, but the following pieces will be included, most of them world premieres.

Not necessarily in this order.

Hans Salter & Paul Dessau
    HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN – Suite

Frank Skinner
    ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN
    Main Title (possibly to picture)

Max Steiner
    KING KONG – Suite

Bernard Herrmann
    MYSTERIOUS ISLAND – Suite
    ON DANGEROUS GROUND – Death Hunt

Irving Gertz
    DEADLY MANTIS

Joseph LoDuca
    THE MESSENGERS – Main Titles

Danny Elfman
    NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS – Suite

Steven Fox
    UNLEASHED

George Shaw (conducting)
    J-OK’EL

Jerry Goldsmith
    TWILIGHT ZONE THE MOVIE – Suite

Henry Mancini/Hans Salter/Herman Stein
    CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON – Suite

Obviously, I am very excited about this concert and especially looking forward to doing MYSTERIOUS ISLAND live, using Herrmann’s original orchestrations. I can’t thank everyone involved with the GSPO enough for including me in this event, as it has been a long time goal of mine to promote and perform classic film music in the concert hall. It should be a great night, and we’re hoping to fill the house. This orchestra is a terrific group of musician and everyone in the area should try to come out and support them and conductor Fox.

Also, We will be selling our Tribute CDs in the lobby of the venue, including the newly released Herrmann’s THE KENTUCKIAN and WILLIAMSBURG.

For more details check out: http://www.gspo.com/concert.asp?nav=Schedule&cID=53

The venue is The Warner Grand Theater in San Pedro. It’s easy to get to and the parking is a breeze, with nice little pubs and restaurants all around. If you live in the LA area and a fan of great film music performed by an exceptional orchestra, there’s no excuse for not showing up. We will all be doing a question & answer talk sometime before the performance, as well.

Theater Info: http://www.warnergrand.org/

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Aw man, that’s right around the corner from where I am. I must seriously consider attending!

gordonblu
    Participant

Steiner, Herrmann, Elfman, and Goldsmith all in one concert? I wish I lived in San Pedro.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.