Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Gustavo Hackolalla – 2 time Oscar winner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Danny Burton
    Participant

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I feel better now.

You can delete this thread now, ryan :)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Why delete it? I totally agree.

Ryan

RCox
    Participant

What a bittersweet night for fans of film music. The immortal Ennio Morricone is finally honored by Oscar only to have the whole thing tainted by this… this… ARGGH!

Where’s the Tylenol?

BATMAN
    Participant

it’s too much. it was one of those, “ANYONE BUT HIM” moments. Elfman Zero Oscars, Goldsmith (1), Bernstein (1), Morricone (1 honorary), and he’s now the only other besdies FRANZ WAXMAN to win two years in a row…it’s really a sickening mystery. Edward Scissorhands is unrecognized, but Brokeback Mountain (3 chords on a guitar), and Babel (more guitar noddling) wins? Who is the Academy?

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I managed to rent the Babel DVD just in time to watch the whole thing before the Oscars. When I put it in my player and the menu came up playing the score, my mom in the room said, “that music is really annoying.” Later that night after Santaolalla won, I told her of this fact, and she was in disbelief. Of course, I felt the same way, but at least I prepared myself for it. At least there were some fair wins this year, but I still can never take the Oscars seriously.

Knight
    Participant

All I know is that Children of Men lost for best cinematography, and that is a total joke />:(” title=”>:(” class=”bbcode_smiley” /></p><p>Knight (**** the Academy)</p></div></div><div id=

Edward Bloom
    Participant

Children of Men should have won every single category (yes, even best short animated film !). It’s a shame this movie didn’t get the recognition it deserved. I’m pretty sure though it will end up being considered as a classic in five years, the Blade Runner of our time…

Knight
    Participant

I concur :D

evil-dead
    Participant

What a lame oscar’s. Morricone’s award was a little tainted because Eastwood forgot his glasses and couldn’t read the promter – at least he got one, albeit honorary. I was thinking Navarrete’s score for Pan’s Labyrinth would win, but vomit prevailed. At least Scorsese finally got some.

Knight
    Participant

Martin that old devil. You tell him over and over to stop lurking in those dingy downtown areas looking for pu… oh, you mean the oscar, yeah, good for him :D

Knight

evil-dead
    Participant

haha. wouldn’t that be creepy, running into scorsese at a strip club? His eyebrowns would need their own lap dances.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.