Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Help me to find music from Dior’s couture show!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, does anybody know from what score those music plays? I mean who is composer, the name of the track and from what score is it. In this show plays 3tracks. I dont know the name of the 1st and the 2nd track and i need some info about them, but i know that the 3rd track is Prelude and Outer Space from “The Day The Earth Stood Still” by Bernrd Herrmann.
    So i need info on the 1 and 2 track. The 1st begins with bells and piano, and it flows into the 2 track which plays with strings, and drums its sounds ver Elfmanesque, Glass and Goldenthalian. The music reminds me about Sleepy hollow. So this question to Ryan and other people who are connected with filmmusic.
    Plz people and info about those tracks would be helpful!

Here is the link:

D-Bo
    Participant

Those are some crazy-looking outfits.

What you describe as the first and second tracks are actually the same cue, and it should remind you of Sleepy Hollow because it’s the “End Credits” cue from that movie, indeed written by Danny Elfman.

Also, I’m pretty sure that the piano music in the latter half of that video is not “Prelude and Outer Space.” To be honest, I’m not really sure what it is. It does sound very much like Elfman.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Ooh – almost right ;) The last cue is “Prelude and Outer Space”, and yes the first half is all SLEEPY HOLLOW.

Ryan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, but at the begining when solo piano plays those seedy 4 notes, is it from Sleepy hollow? I mean in the begining when lightning cracks piano begins playing, it plays 4notes which are similiar to The night before christmas 4 note theme, does anybody know what score that track is?

Dawg Man
    Participant

Clownitta Wrote:

> Thanks, but at the begining when solo piano plays
    > those seedy 4 notes, is it from Sleepy hollow? I
    > mean in the begining when lightning cracks piano
    > begins playing, it plays 4notes which are similiar
    > to The night before christmas 4 note theme, does
    > anybody know what score that track is?

It IS from Sleepy Hollow. It’s the opening four notes from the End Credits. The audio is just looped so the four notes repeat more times than in the original recording. Incidentally, you mentioned Nightmare Before Christmas. The four-note thingy has been repeated in film music since the beginning. John Williams has done it, as have several others. Look up “Dies Irae” (I think that’s how you spell it) and you’ll be surprised. It’s an old Catholic Mass that still has a lasting impression on the film music world.

Erich Kunzel probably recorded the best version of it in his CD “Scary Music,” which funnily enough contains fresh recordings of Elfman music like “Beetlejuice,” “Tales from The Crypt” and (yes) the “End Credits” from Sleepy Hollow. Dies Irae is under the title “Theme from ‘The Shining'” though, a movie which ofcourse quoted the tune in full.

Another good quote is in this Romantic Era piece by Berlioz (http://www.bonnie.kics.bc.ca/audio/Berlioz%20-%20Symphonie%20Fantastique%20-%20Ronde%20du%20Sabbat.mp3). Skip to 7:24 and then 8:37, listening to the low strings first and later the horns.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Ryan, Dawg Man and D-bo! To Dawg:
    yeah, i know its a dies irae theme, also it was used in the demolishion man, the opening titles credited as Dies Irae, as Day of Wrath but in goldenthal vesion. Dies Irae, Dies Ila!

D-Bo
    Participant

Are you serious? Gee, I could’ve sworn it wasn’t Prelude & Outer Space. I though that particular cue was chock full of theremin and that D-A-A-D theme, not piano noodling as in that fashion video. Is there a different or extended version of it that I may not be aware of?

Danny Burton
    Participant

Did they actually play that music during the show or was it just someone who put that together?

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, original music which was played was rock or pop… But those user who uploaded this video, edited it and insert the music.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.