Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Hilarious Marc Shaiman, Richard Kraft vid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Here’s a funny vid related to FINDING KRAFTLAND, a film about Danny’s agent, Richard Kraft. This is an original tune writtten and performed by Marc Shaiman that makes plenty of hilarious film music references… Check it out!

RCox
    Participant

The lyrics were published many years ago in FSM, but it’s something else entirely to see Shaiman (one of the funniest composers) perform it. Love the Zimmer dig and “Elman hand-me-down.”

Dalboz
    Participant

LOL! Awesome. Wish Shaiman did get more work nowadays. Thanks for sharing!

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Sometimes I wonder if the composers have more personality than the actors… Anyway, I did some lookin’ and this whole “Finding Kraftland” documentary sounds pretty interesting! Go to the website (www.findingkraftland.com) and learn about it, it’s definitely something I’ll try to see if it ever becomes available!

RCox
    Participant

Isn’t Shaiman supposedly working on a musical version of “Catch Me If You Can” with the rest of the “Hairspray” team? It’s a shame he hasn’t gotten much work since his music for “Team America” was rejected for not being generic enough; that it sounded too much like Marc Shaiman.

sajrocks
    Participant

The tune is David Rose’s “Holiday for Strings”, especially reminiscent of The Voices Of Walter Schumann arrangement that appears on the Ultra-Lounge album SPACECAPADES, sans voices of course.

If you people do not have this album, get it STAT. It will enrich your lives. A musical fusion of 50s kitsch, 60s Tom & Jerry cartoons, and much of the era’s esoteria that influenced Elfman.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Lounge-Vol-3-Space-Capades/dp/B000002TZL?tag2=gp04-20

saj
    (In no way affiliated with Capitol Records.)

Monsterhead
    Participant

That was one of the funniest things I’ve seen in a while…thanks for sharing. I always liked Shaiman’s stuff too…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.