Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Human Nature

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

It’s not scored by Elfman, but the soundtrack has an Elfmanesque spirit, specially in the songs Patricia Arquette sings. Have any of you seen the wonderfully quirky Michel Gondry movie “Human Nature”, written by the great Charlie Kaufman (the guy who wrote “Being John Malkovich”)? The movie is a darkly funny storybook starring Patricia Arquette, Tim Robbins and Rhys Ifans and the score was composed by Elfman buddy Graeme Revell (a great composer unfortunately lending his talent to mostly bad movies… I’m happy he did this one!). The film has two musical numbers performed by Arquette’s character, a woman who was born with her body full of hair! The songs sound like Disney on acid, but they are still sweet (in a perverse kind of way), and reminded me of Elfman’s “Nightmare Before Christmas”. Go and see this movie (I already have the DVD which is already out here in Europe) and buy the soundtrack album. You won’t regret it. It’s not everyday that you find a kind of musical in which one of the songs features the lyrics “Now I’m free / Have no more cares / I have accepted / My millions of hairs”…

Anonymous

HAHAHAH…I think i’ll go rent that.

Anonymous

Gremme Revell (I know I spelled his first name wrong) scored the movie, while Charlie Kaufman wrote the songs.

It is a very funny film, and one of the better things I’ve seen this year. Critics didn’t seem to like it though.

I too give it high remarks, it’s worth seeing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.