Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion I have Danny’s MIIB Score!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Just picked it up for $6.99 at a used cd place in Los Angeles. It’s a promo, unopened. I’ll listen to it in a little while and tell you what I think, hehe. Should be kick ass.

Anonymous

Heh…that’s great dude. MiB or MiB 2?

Anonymous

I want it! I need it! Please, make mp3 of it! Share! Put it on Kazaa! AAAARGH!!! (I’m not supporting piracy, because I will buy the CD – I just need to hear it because I’m an Elfman-addict).

Anonymous

I have to admit, I share Nuno’s feelings :-P

Anonymous

Me three :)

-E

Anonymous

You can’t wait another week until it’s officially released? Damn impatient Elfmaniacs. lol

The score is great. It’s kind of hard for me to judge it when I haven’t seen the movie yet but listening to it alone is still entertaining. The awesome MIB theme is back of course with lots of wicked variations on it. Tons of action music where you know something is happening in the film. Some awesome choral moments accompying some undoubtably fantastic visuals. Creepy dark music where something bad might happen. A few minutes of emotionally beautiful music. Funky lounge music for the worm guys. All good stuff with a few surprises along the way. Even Frank the Pug singing I Will Survive and the new Will Smith song are enjoyable.

Track Listing and Times
    1. Worm Lounge #1(Worms in Black) [5:20]
    2. Logo [:22]
    3. Titles [5:01]
    4. Big Jeff [2:25]
    5. Headquarters [1:52]
    6. Chop-chop [2:00]
    7. Heart Thump [1:51]
    8. Customs [:51]
    9. Hunting for K [1:40]
    10. J Nabbed/K’s Back [2:20]
    11. The Real Story [1:41]
    12. Sleuthing [2:20]
    13. The Defense Begins [2:47]
    14. The Chase [3:22]
    15. The Light [5:43]
    16. The Finale [:18]
    17. Worm Lounge #2 [3:08]
    18. Titles Revisited [2:56]
    19. Tim Blaney as “Frank the Pug” – I Will Survive [3:02]
    20. Will Smith introducing Tra-Nox – Black Suits Comin’ (Nod Yer Head) [4:20]

Total Time: 53:31

Anonymous

Wow — that’s one SPECIFIC description of the CD…. Hmn… ;)

Ryan

Anonymous

Oh, sorry…I assumed it was MIB (the original). Since it’s MIB II well…I’ll wait to find some of it on a download site…not that I won’t buy the score…I just wanna see what it sounds like BEFORE I buy it…

Yes I’m poor, and thus cheap,
    Erika

Anonymous

OH OH! I have Mib 2 score,too! and it sounds like Elfman!! It really does!!! hehehehe…
    Dude, give us a description of it, man. Enjoy your 15 minutes and do a little song and dance for the rest of us fans.

Anonymous

I can’t wait a week, because I’m in Portugal and there’s a chance that the MIB II won’t be around here for – let’s see… – maybe a year or so! I can order it from Amazon UK, but I think there’s still no release date for the score here in Europe. So, I say… Rip it! MP3 it! Kazaa it! FTP it! I need it! MIB (the first) is one of my all-time Elfman favorite soundtracks, and just to think of a new version of that wonderful main theme…! So… rip it! MP3 it! Kazaa it! FTP it!

Anonymous

Order the cd, it’s worth it. Way better than any crummy compressed mp3s.

Anonymous

I think I already described it. The whole thing is awesome. What more do you want to know? I’ll leave Ryan to do a full review soon hopefully. ;-)

Anonymous

heh, did the thought ever cross your mind to do a review and maybe Ryan would wanna put it on the site?

Anonymous

Well, yeah, but that would take a long time for me. This score changes gears frequently too. A good example of this is in the Titles track. It becomes really scary and then Elfman introduces a “cutesy” element out of nowhere. In the film you’ll understand why. :-D

Right now my favorites tracks are Titles, Headquarters, and The Light. Headquarters really has some cool percussion going on.

Anonymous

Leave poor Kram alone guys. Not everyone is capable of writing a review of a film score (myself included). As Clara Schumann used to say: “Talking about music is like dancing about architecture.”

Anonymous

You really have it? Or you just sayin’ you do? . . . How do you know we’ll understand why Elfman introduces a “cutesy” element when we see the movie? Have you seen it? :) Do you have some kind of INSIDE information that you’d like to tell us, Mr. SACUL? Would you like to tell us who you REALLY are? hehehehehe. . . Okay I’ll stop makin’ an arse of myself now. . . heheheheh. :)

Anonymous

Thank you, Randy. Music really is difficult to write about. You have to listen to it for yourself. ;-)

Yes, I really have it. And yes, I have “inside information”. It’s inside some reviews of the screenplay that give away plot points. Don’t mess with flowers. ;-)

Anonymous

Oh ok….i see what you’re saying. I’m guessing you’re referring to the BIG JEff track, perhaps? Well, anyway, even your subtle so-called bland definition of his music is good enough, believe it or not. All i’m saying is if i’m gonna boast on here that i got the cd that’s not supposed to be released til next week (for 6.99 no less) at some used cd store, i’m gonna freaking please the people i’m writing to and give them something to look forward to, as well as a little validation. But i guess you like to feel special that you’re like the first layman to listen to it, so enjoy yourself, dude. You got about a few more days til you become one in a million. hahahaha. Hey if it sounds blunt, then solly chally…but i’m just speakin my mind. If i got the cd first before anyone, i’d do one of two things — 1: I’d keep it to myself, or 2: i’d share the wealth. But that’s just me…
    The point is you got it, so good for you. Have a nice day.

Anonymous

Kram is actually Barry Sonnenfeld.

Anonymous

Yeah dude..and i’m Steven Spielberg.

Anonymous

I’d like have your problems. You should live in Czech Republic!(it’s Eastern Europe) You never find Danny’s CD in stores (just sometimes in our capital) , the only soundtrack sold here was Titanic :(
    (I’m sorry for my poor english, but you’ll understand, Ihope)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.