Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion I just want to say…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

…that Newman’s score for “Lemony Snicket” deserves every single accolade it gets, Oscar or otherwise.

I know this is an Elfman forum, but I will stand by my opinion, no matter what any of you people say, that “Snicket” was a fine score, and a great piece of music otherwise, so there.

You’re welcome,
    Burt

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I don’t agree, so there! ;)

Maybe in the movie it works fine, but on disc, it overstays it’s welcome.

Ryan

Katie
    Participant

I just found out that a guy I know is in the movie somewhere as a dead person . . . which is confusing to me, but if the score is good maybe now I have two reasons to see it (well, three, an animal I know is in it too!) . . . hmm

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Maybe in the movie it works fine, but on disc, it overstays it’s welcome.

I agree, and though I haven’t heard the score in its entirety, I don’t really understand why it has enough appeal among academy voters to get an Oscar nomination.

A lost opportunity to score some nice, fluffy, fantasy-based music…

Spider-Fan
    Participant

The movie is awesome, so it. I’ve seen it twice. I’m not sure I remember any dead people in the movie save some main players. Maybe it was a stand-in position? Anyway the score didn’t thrill me, though I did mildly enjoy the end credits.

LittleMaestro
    Participant

Which animal?

Katie
    Participant

I think it was supposed to be like in a photo or something . . . I’m not sure. A friend of mine saw it and got excited when she saw this guy in it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.