Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion I met Tim Burton today

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    boingomusic
    Participant

Well, last night, one of my friends called me to tell that Tim Burton was in Annecy (France) for the festival of animation. Since I live in Geneva (Switzerland), which is 40minutes far from Annecy, I went there this morning, to see “The Corpse Bride” once again on a big screen. At the end, Tim Burton came in the cinema, and answered questions for about 40minutes. It was awesome to see the man behind all these movies that we all love…

I had the opportunity to ask him a question about his work with Danny Elfman. Tim talked a lot about their friendship, and how he was a fan of Oingo Boingo. He also said that Danny is truely a major character in his movies, and that he’s maybe even more important than an actor.
    I asked him if it was Danny who chose how many songs were good for a movie, what the lyrics should tell, at what moment a song should appear etc…
    And he anwered it was quite hard to tell, because he barely needs to talk with Danny. They communicate in their very own way, and become one single person, then things simply happen.

Someone asked him if he had any other projects for another animated features, and Tim said he had a lot of ideas, but it was too early to talk about it. One thing is sure, we’re going to get more animation from him !

Another girl asked him how he felt about the Edward Scissorhands Ballet, and he really didn’t know what to say… He said he had seen it, and that it was quite bizarre, and looked at us in a twisted way meaning “what can I say?!….”
    We all understood he didn’t appreciated it.

I had hundreds of other questions to ask him, but the time was short.

He was just as I imagined him : very nice, a little shy, and quite funny…

It was a big surprise. I alway thought I would have to go far far from my home to be able to talk to him, but I never imagined I could wake up one morning, drive 40minutes, pay 4$ for a cinema ticket, and actually get to see him…

I just had to share this with you guys…

-Eric

chii
    Participant

Wow, thats really awesome! Congrats on meeting him. Thats really interesting about he and Danny’s relationship. They are so close! I wish I were in France
    -______- How do people decide when to do these things? XD Thanks for sharing this stuff! Its really neat. I can’t wait to hear about this new stuff Tim is doing. Surely Danny would be scoring it no?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.