Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion If only, if only

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

Anyone see the new teaser for Spielberg’s War of the Worlds? The link is below. If Spielberg wasn’t so attaced to having John Williams score all but one of his movies, I’d say that he’d leap to have Danny Elfman score the movie. Think about it. The logic is perfect. This is a huge alien invasion movie. Spielberg’s produced Amazing Stories, Family Dog, and MIB 1 and 2. It all fits together! And Danny would create an absolutely amazing score! Oh, if only!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Would have been nice, but even better had Joe Dante made WAR instead.

Ryan

Joe Dante fan
    Participant

rkeaveney Wrote:

> Would have been nice, but even better had Joe
    > Dante made WAR instead.
    >
    > Ryan

If only Joe Dante had lucky with the box office of his movies!

(Am I the only person on earth that really loved “Looney Tunes: Back in Action”?)

Anonymous

Have we forgetten that John Williams has scored some great Sci Fi movies for Speilberg such as E.T and Close Ecounters??

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Williams’s score for this film will rival most of his recent scores over the past decade. I have high expectations that I’m sure that he’ll meet quite well. Still, the notion of Danny scoring it thrills me.

Anonymous

You’re not alone. I love “Looney Tunes: Back in Action”, it’s pure Joe Dante – Chuck Jones madness that deserved to be a hit at leaste as big as “Gremlins”. However, Warner messed up when they made that gigantic pile of rubbish called “Space Jam”, so people who liked “Space Jam” thought the new film was too dark and people who hated “Space Jam” thought this was another “Space Jam”. Now that, sadly, Jerry Goldsmith has passed away, I think that Dante’s “official” composer should, of course, be Danny Elfman. Don’t you think it makes perfect sense?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.