Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion I’m finding the original score of “chicago”..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Participant

where can I find the original score of “overture/and all that jazz” in chicago?
    I’m finding but it seems that is not exist..
    only there are some arranged score in sheetmusicplus or some stuff..

Anonymous
    Inactive

The only music you will see for the most part is a book of “vocal selections’, which are sheet music editions of the songs. These are adapted for piano and voice, and the music is usually messed-up (poorly adapted). As I understand, a piano-vocal score was never published. (The show did not do well during its original production). If a piano-vocal score was published, this would be the closest you could get to finding the original music. The orchestrations are almost never published (which is a shame). A conductor score exists (I have seen it on Ebay, but someone got to it, and I lost the bid). This version, would be ideal to study since it is a detailed reduction of the score. The instruments are pretty clearly indicated. I got a copy of the conductor score in part. I have music you are looking for, but at this point, I am not sure where it is. My time and resources are limited, and it would be difficult for me to get a copy to you.

You could try to contact the company that rents the show, and see if they would be willing for you to peruse a copy of the conductor score.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.