Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Indiana Jones 4 Clips…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dawg Man
    Participant

A better link ;) (- Ryan)

http://www.cinemusic.net/2008/05/07/amazon-debuts-indiana-jones-samples/

Not Elfman, but who can turn down John Williams?

Classic Williams. And its nice to hear the return of Marion’s theme.

RCox
    Participant

It’s great to hear Williams period! It’s been two and a half years since Munich!

Dawg Man
    Participant

A lot of what I hear sounds like old-style williams. Just hearing one of the the militaristic Raiders motifs return (in ‘Spell of the Skull”) is really cool. That motif was injected into the “Sun Room” track, originally, in Raiders but then sequed into the full Ark theme. The clip they have here though seques directly into the much quieter Skull theme (which reminds me of the Green Goblin theme for some weird reason). When he gets really atonal as well, like in “Secret Doors in Scorpions,” the man’s signature is obvious. This is the same guy behind ET and Jurassic Park.

Apparently, since the Marion character returns too, the Love Theme returns as well (in “Finale”) and even expands. The idea in Raiders was that the relationship wasn’t really fleshed out. Here I guess it is.

So, in terms of dramatic pacing, connecting the first and (supposedly) last of the series is a great idea.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Da, da, daaaa! Daaa, da ,da, da, daaaa!

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Blah! I’m going cold turkey until I see Indy 4 in theaters! I hope the samples are as good as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6lAPIAoFf8

Spider-Fan
    Participant

It’s terrific to hear the variations on the Raiders March in “The Journey to Akator.” I’ve been pumping myself up for the movie by going on the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland repeatedly (it helps to work there) and wearing my new gift, an authentic Indy Fedora. YAAAY!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.