Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Insanity/Vertigo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TenderLumpling
    Participant

Is the horn piece in the beginning of Boingo’s Insanity really lifted from Vertigo?

Dawg Man
    Participant

It’s hard to deny it. Herrmann is Elfman’s #1 influence and the melody is EXACTLY the same (see: “Carlotta’s Theme”). Also, you should listen to the “Sunrise” cue from Journey to the Center of the Earth. It’s almost entirely the opening build from Batman, all the elements atleast (the descending four notes and the hallmark “fanfare”). See Track 7 “Sunrise” here at Amazon.com to hear it.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

…the melody is EXACTLY the same (see: “Carlotta’s Theme”).

Oh yeah, the melody is the same, but when I say “lifted” I mean taken directly from Vertigo’s original soundtrack and incorporated into the song Insanity. I have both Herrmann issues — the Mathieson version and the ’95 rerecording — and I haven’t seen Vertigo in awhile, mind you — but I don’t think that exact music from Insanity was also in Vertigo, unless that piece was not featured in the albums.

Also, you should listen to the “Sunrise” cue from Journey to the Center of the Earth. It’s almost entirely the opening build from Batman…

As I understand it, Rachmaninov used the same motive in his work, as well — A popular piece among geniuses.

Dawg Man
    Participant

Oh, it wasn’t “lifted” from the original soundtrack. Elfman adapted the melody for Boingo with horns on his own.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.