Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Iris – Scarlett’s Theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    boingomusic
    Participant

Hi everybody,

A few weeks ago, I posted a youtube video on this forum here ( http://elfman.filmmusic.com/forum/read.php?7,38028,38120#38120 ) but I’m not sure if anyone saw this. Anyway, we could hear Elfman’s “Scarlett’s Theme” from Cirque du Soleil’s Iris.

Since the CD has not been released yet, I thought I’d try something… I’ve been used to arranging a lot of film music for piano concerts these past ten years, I thought I’d arrange and play that theme, so that you guys could hear what Elfman’s theme sounds like.

Of course, it is far from sounding like the original, and it is probably not 100% correct, but I’m almost certain the melody is right, and the harmonies as well. You can compare it to the Youtube video. It had just been a little expanded, based on what I remembered from the show.

So again, no pretetions here, take it for what it is : just a personal arrangement to let you have an idea of the melodies. I don’t do this for money, or for a concert or anything. It’s just to share it with you.

IRIS Scarlett’s theme : composed by Danny Elfman, arranged and performed by Eric Bakhch-Pour :

https://www.yousendit.com/download/M0RxNU1DZ2dBNkUwTVE9PQ

-Eric

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Nice! I’ll check it out.

elfenthalsmith
    Participant

Wow, thanks for this !
    I’m a big fan of your Forbidden Zone medley on youtube, and you certainly have a knack for cleverly assimilating Elfman’s material.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This was totally gorgeous. I joined up just to say thank you for such a wonderful arraignment, I’ve listened to it a dozen times in the last hour so I’m more than satisfied to wait for the soundtrack now I’ve got something just as good to listen to meanwhile! :)

If you don’t mind me asking, what is your set up for recording music?

boingomusic
    Participant

Thank you so much. I’m happy if anyone liked it ;-)
    I’ve been adapting Elfman’s music for the piano ever since I was 12 years old. But this is the first time I do it with a non-released piece of music. So, I thought I’d post it so you could hear it.

–> elfenthalsmith : I use a Yamaha Silent Grand Piano, as a midi keybord AND for its great piano sound, some Vienna Strings in Logic Pro, and a lot of Roland synthesized instruments.

Natrebo
    Participant

Hey boingomusic,

Thanks for the piece and as a piano player I have to agree, of all the digital piano’s I’ve tried, Yamaha always had the better pure piano sound.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Thanks, very nice work…

bookbinder3
    Participant

I love this, don’t suppose you could share some sheet music? Just for myself, of course.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.