Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Is there an Elfman-run download site for his music?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    skotzmun
    Participant

Just been to see “Charlie…” – loved it, and (of course!) loved the music. Was good to hear such OB-like tones again. :)

Decided I want the soundtrack album, and will probably buy it from a download site. And yes, I do mean buy!

However, I decided to go looking and see if there is a site run by the man himself, rather than a third party.

Y’see, another of my favourite music-chaps – They Might Be Giants – have recognised the growth of this form of stuff, and so have set up their OWN download service for their tracks.

It’s around $10US for a full album, or (I think) you can buy on a track basis. I know I can buy the stuff cheaper elsewhere (i.e. Russia!), but I will ALWAYS buy TMBG stuff from their site as they get all the money.

I love this, because it means as much of the money goes to the proper place as possible. I’d just hoped I could do the same for Mr Elfman.

And as I can’t find it, I thought I’d mention the idea here… just in case it can catch on.

Looking forward to “The Corpse Bride” now – the trailer had be bouncing in my seat as “What’s This” is one of my favourite soundtrack tracks ever.

Shutting up now ;)

Skotzmun

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

There isn’t a site like that. Elfman doesn’t own his music, the studios do.

Check iTunes. CHARLIE is available there.

Ryan

KWashi
    Participant

Elfman needs to pirate his own music, hahahaha!
    I would if I were a composer……ok, maybe not.
    On a side note: TMBG is a wonderful band. Right on! (right on!) right on, right on (right on!) RIGHT ON! right on!

Dawg Man
    Participant

OingoBoingo.com isn’t run by Elfman himself but it’s run by his “people”. Perhaps in the future services such as you mentioned will be available there. The site is still in developement so anything is possible.

Elfman’s official site hasen’t opened yet but I have high hopes for it as well.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

That site has been in development for years…

Ryan

beth
    Participant

yeah, I’d use the term “his people” very loosely!

ooshmaster
    Participant

This might as well be the official site.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.