Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Jared Hess on Elfman

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sajrocks
    Participant

Movieweb.com asks Hess to talk about getting Danny Elfman to score Nacho Libre:

“He’s amazing, man; yeah, I feel very fortunate to be able to party with Danny. He just did an amazing job; his music has always kind of like a weird streak to it, which I really like, and he just seemed like the right guy. And I was really lucky that he was able to come on board.”

http://www.movieweb.com/news/42/13142.php

saj

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Based on that quote, why do I get the feeling that Jared Hess isn’t that bright a guy?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I saw NACHO tonight. I’m a Jack Black fan, so there was plenty to like. Funny stuff – particularly his ballad for Encarnación.

Danny’s score was dialed into the background. It was strange to see that long list of cues credited to him scroll by.

Most frustrating was the final version of “Religioso Man (Religious Man)” by George Garcia (a song and artist that turns up zip on Google). There was apparently an orchestral/choral arrangement done to go along with the song, but even that felt muted in the film.

Ryan

sajrocks
    Participant

>>>George Garcia (a song and artist that turns up zip on Google)

Could it be George LaMond? Latin pop “sensation” born George Garcia?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

The song is credited to George Garcia. If there was info on the song available online then a search of his name and the title would have returned some results. The fact that a Google search of “Religioso Man (Religious Man)” yields 0 results regardless of who is credited should tell you how obscure the track is!

Ryan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.