Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion John Williams and Steven Spielberg

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

If you enjoyed watching Danny Elfman and Tim Burton chat about their 25 years of collaboration, then you’ll enjoy John Williams and Steven Spielberg doing the same. It airs tomorrow at 10pm on Turner Classic Movies.

admin
    Participant

I missed this, though I caught a clip of the INDIANA JONES segment on YouTube. I hope it gets re-aired!

Ryan

Thor
    Participant

I got a copy from someone.

Very rewarding to see the two of them together, although most of what they say is stuff we as hardcore fans have already heard many times before. The appeal is more in the event than in the actual contents. Funny to see the very enthusiastic and detail-driven Spielberg vs. the more softspoken gentlemen Williams who prefers to talk in broad strokes.

Yeah. It was a good special.

arrogantbastard
    Participant

Do you guys have any other examples of relationships that have endured like this guys? I love film music but all that comes to mind is Burton/Elfman, Spielberg/Williams, and Hitchcock/Hermann — it must be really special when a director can find that one guy that helps all his visions come to life and they stick together for their careers.

arrogantbastard
    Participant

Do you guys have any other examples of relationships that have endured like this guys? I love film music but all that comes to mind is Burton/Elfman, Spielberg/Williams, and Hitchcock/Hermann — it must be really special when a director can find that one guy that helps all his visions come to life and they stick together for their careers.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Fellini/Rota, Schafner/Goldsmith…

Natrebo
    Participant

M Night Shyamalan & James Newton Howard – 7 films
    Bryan Singer & John Ottman – 6 films

lonzoe
    Participant

Cronenberg/Shore
    Zemeckis/Silvestri

Monsterhead
    Participant

Joe Dante/Jerry Goldsmith – 8 movies together
    John Landis/Elmer Bernstein – 5 movies together

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.