Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Just got the Meet The Robinsons cd

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    boingomusic
    Participant

Hey everyone!

I just received my “Meet the Robinsons” cd, from http://www.cede.ch! Once again, I’m very surprised that the swiss online stores deliver the soundtracks earlier that in the us. Anyway, the artwork is different from the regular US cd. I think it’s the UK release, but the track listing seems to be the same. You can see the cover, and listen to the samples here : http://www.cede.ch/fr/music-cd/frames/frameset.cfm?aobj=615611

I’ll tell you more about the music as soon as I finish my first listen.

-Eric

boingomusic
    Participant

I just listened to the score for the 4th time… I’m very disappointed.

First of all, the score is only 30minutes long. Then, there isn’t any real theme, except “The Future Has Arrived” theme, and one other theme that is almost a “copy and paste” of a theme that appeared in the Corpse Bride. There’s nothing really new, it’s a mix of already heard genres without any exciting theme…
    I can’t wait to hear what you guys think…

Eric

Kipobe
    Participant

How sad. :(

Mine won’t be here for a while… but this really did feel like it’d be a soundtrack heavy movie anyway. Score just seemed to be a throw-in.

:(

guitarfreak
    Participant

Well it doesn’t seem to be a ‘real’ exciting/emotional thrill of a moive as well(it’s more of a film aimed at the younger auidences, correct?), so it doesn’t surprise me that it turns out to be a bit of a dissapointment.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I thought maybe the whole score would be better than the samples, but boingomusic’s description is pretty much what I’ve thought of the samples. Well, they can’t all be winners, right? And that “The Future had Arrived” theme is stuck in my head, whatever that means.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

I was expecting “Meet The Robinsons” to be a very minor and forgettable Elfman score. I have the cd for a couple days now and it turned out to be one of Elfman’s most…..minor and forgettable score.
    I’m pretty sure the music will work fine in the movie but as a cd, it just never gets anywhere. In terms of orchestration, there’s nothing we never heard in recent Elfman’s efforts. Even the main theme is a complete rip-off of his Corpse Bride’s theme. I like when Elfman develops a melody or motifs throughout several scores but here, he’s basically copying himself.

Let’s hope The Kingdom will lead us to different (new ?) territories…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Actually the main theme is the one heard in “To The Future”. The theme that is close to CORPSE BRIDE is for the villain. Plus there’s a theme for the Robinsons themselves most prominently heard in the second half of “Time Machine Montage”. There’s more to the score then the 30 minutes on the album.

Ryan

Danny Burton
    Participant

This put me to sleep.

What a disappointment.

If only I had Spider-Man 3 to look forward to…:(

Sylvos
    Participant

There is a Walt Disney Records CD release which features Danny’s complete score for this film. Apparently this CD was given out to crew members of the film production.

The recording label which is “BVPR000452” and the track listing is as follows:

1. Prologue
    2. Introduction
    3. Machine – Rooftop
    4. Getting Ready
    5. Science Fair, Pt. 1
    6. Science Fair, Pt. 2
    7. Wilbur’s Proof
    8. To The Future
    9. A Deal
    10. Presentation
    11. The Checklist
    12. In The Garage
    13. The Plan A
    14. Doorbell Fanfare
    15. The Plan B
    16. Meet The Family
    17. Boys Bump Sting
    18. Pop Quiz
    19. Back Home With Goob
    20. Goob’s Story
    21. Time Machine Montage
    22. Failed Attempt
    23. Little Doris Arrives
    24. Dinner
    25. Food Fight
    26. Doris Stinger
    27. Broken Toaster
    28. Frog Slave
    29. Keep Moving Forward
    30. Toast To Lewis
    31. Dino Fight
    32. Family Recovery
    33. The Lie
    34. A New Future
    35. Setting Things Right
    36. Family Reunion
    37. Finding Lewis

Total Time 74:23

Hey! I don’t have this thing. Just thought Elfman fans wanna know and perhaps keep an eye for it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.