Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion JUST MARRIED!! (featuring Elfman)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mootum
    Participant

I just got married on Saturday (woo-hoo!), and my wife and I used a few Danny Elfman songs throughout the wedding:

For pre-ceremony music, my uncle played various songs live on the piano, one of which was the main theme from Black Beauty. As the ceremony began and the wedding party entered, he played the Grand Finale from Edward Scissorhands. (it was perfect!)

Being theatrical, my bride and I pretended as though we couldn’t make it to the wedding, and made a gag action video of the two of us trying to get to the ceremony, which we showed as a surprise before actually entering. (Sequences included my top hat being stolen by a squirrel, and the bride hanging off of a helicopter and dropping into Lake Michigan.) During the video, we used Elfman’s version of the Mission: Impossible theme and Breakfast Machine from Pee Wee’s Big Adventure.

And finally, one of the dance songs we played during the reception was Crime Spree from Dick Tracy.

evil-dead
    Participant

congrats!!!

Lucius
    Participant

First off, congrats. Second off, where did you uncle get the sheet music to Black Beauty? (Has it always been out, and I’ve been just to dumb to notice?) And thirdly, you should upload your gag action video to YouTube, sounds really cool.

Lucius

sounds awesome, dude.

mootum
    Participant

Thanks! :)

I got the sheet music from pianothemes.com, which is where I got the Edward Scissorhands arrangement too. The site also has arrangements from Batman, Batman Returns, Beetlejuice, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Nightmare Before Christmas, Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure, and Spider-Man.

And in terms of YouTube, once we get a final edit of the gag video with a bit of the actual ceremony video added before and after for context, we’re definitely putting it online (probably sometime next week). I’ll let you know when it’s there!

mootum
    Participant

If anyone is even still checking this post, we FINALLY got our spoof wedding action video onto YouTube. It’s about 7 minutes long and can be seen at the link below. Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ILDAyxJ3wRs

9fingeredElf
    Participant

You are one wacky dude.

He that finds a woman to laugh with stay together forever.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.