Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Lalaland’s 2013 Elfman release

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

At least one Elfman score will be released by the label as stated on FSM. Any ideas/hopes for what it is? We know it’s not for a Burton film.

bookbinder3
    Participant

Yes i’m looking forward to it whatever it is. Where does it say it’s not a Burton film? (not doubting you, just wondering)
    Ryan’s mentioned Black Beauty previously (which would be nice), but there’s not much I wouldn’t like to see. Is there anything left totally or mostly unreleased (like Scrooged) that merit a whole album release? Or will it probably just be an expansion?

Monsterhead
    Participant

How about RESTLESS?! Still never saw the movie or heard the music.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Someone at LLL (that MV guy?) said in an interview there’d be no more Burton scores because of the box set. Batman Returns and Apes were already well underway when that set came out.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Black.
    Beauty.

:)

Natrebo
    Participant

NACHO LIBRE… Not likely but after listening to the Bootleg of this, I would love a legit release… Also an expanded DICK TRACY would really make my year!

Lambegue
    Participant

Well Dolores Claiborne would be a good idea too. The cd version isn’t a satisfying one for the moment, I think, while Black Beauty has a rather good album. And there is a whole bunch of unrealised music in Dolores Claiborne…With the alternates and all that stuff, at least enough for two cds, maybe even three. Really this would be the best thing for me^^
    But well…I’d still be happy with any other Elfman score.

“Restless” wasn’t realised, and it looks like “Promised land” won’t be, too. What’s the problem with Gus Van Sant’s films scores ?

bookbinder3
    Participant

That’s a shame about the no more Burton scores for a while. The music box, expansion wise, was a disaster. Im assuming Ryan’s firmness with Black Beauty comes from a place of enlightenment. Which is nice. Watched the film a few months ago to check out the score situation, and most of the darker cues (the less album-friendly ones, I guess) are missing. The fire in the barn and the bridge in the storm for instance. There are also a lot of fiddly album edits that it would be nice to see longer versions of. Looking forward to it.

Thor
    Participant

Unfortunately, I think it may be an expansion of a previously released score. That’s the habit at LLL.

Personally, I’d love to see the first release of a completely unreleased score (or one that only has a theme or brief suite or promo released)! But I realize that’s a long stretch.

Any of these would be great:

SUMMER SCHOOL
    HOT TO TROT
    FACE LIKE A FROG
    GOOD WILL HUNTING
    MY FAVOURITE MARTIAN
    DEEP SEA 3D (the music not featured in Serenada Schizophrana)
    NOTORIOUS
    ANYWHERE BUT HERE
    THE FAMILY MAN
    DO NOT DISTURB
    RESTLESS
    CONDO PAINTING
    MODERN VAMPIRES
    SCREAM 2 (“Cassandra’s Aria”)
    KICK-ASS (“Walk to Raisulis”….not counting promo)
    NACHO LIBRE

TV:

AMAZING STORIES – FAMILY DOG
    PERVERSIONS OF SCIENCE
    POINT PLEASANT
    HONDA
    FORD LINCOLN MERCURY
    NISSAN

NON-FILM MUSIC:

PIANO CONCERTO 1 1/2
    THE FORTUNE TELLER
    OVEREAGER OVERTURE
    RABBIT AND ROGUE
    JIMMY CALLICUT
    LITTLE DEMONS

Thor
    Participant

Oh yeah, and PROMISED LAND (I have the promo).

I have several of the titles above in some form or fashion, but a regular, commercial release would be great.

Lambegue
    Participant

Yes, a kind of “Music for a darkened theatre 3″… And maybe even a number 4, with all this music that hadn’t any good cd release in all Elfman’s carreer.
    But I don’t think there is a lot of hope for something like that…

Thor
    Participant

No, I think the hope for a MFADT3 passed out a long time ago. It’s now been 17 years since the last!

iggybiggy
    Participant

Just a thought here, but could it be the music for, Oz The Great And Powerful?

It would not be the first time LLL has released a new Elfman score. If memory serves me right, Taking Woodstock was released on LLL. So maybe it will be that score?????

bookbinder3
    Participant

Why would that not be on Disney, though? It’s clearly an attempt to recapture some of the success of Alice in Wonderland, so they’ll be riding that piggy all the way to the bank. I think it’ll be an expansion, and that’s fine with me.

ddddeeee
    Participant

If the fact that no album has been announced for Oz yet makes you think that it might be coming from LLL it’s worth noting that there are some last minute pick-up sessions happening right now which might explain the delay.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Any chance there’s an expanded Nightbreed in the works before I fork out for an expensive used copy?

Monsterhead
    Participant

Highly unlikely

lonzoe
    Participant

Yeah but hopefully someday while I’m still alive.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Music Box Records posted on FSM that they’re working on a Good Will Hunting release which will hopefully include Elliot Smith’s songs. Lots of rights issues as usual though.

ddddeeee
    Participant

On FSM MV said in as many words that an expanded Midnight Run is coming.

Lambegue
    Participant

Message on La La Land’s facebook announcing there will be two Elfman releases in october. So, would it be Midnight Run and Good Will Hunting ? There were rumors about Black Beauty some times ago, also.

We’ll see, but anyway…Two is great !

ddddeeee
    Participant

Good Will Hunting is from Music Box Records and sometime away I think.

Lambegue
    Participant

La-La-Land announced the release of Black-beauty the 8th of October, in an expanded limited edition. 79 minutes of music, so 34 minutes more than the old release.

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Here’s all the info on the La La Land Black Beauty release:

BLACK BEAUTY EXPANDED LIMITED EDITION
    MUSIC BY DANNY ELFMAN
    LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS
    LLLCD 1273
    RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

REISSUE PRODUCED BY DAN GOLDWASSER
    REISSUE MASTERED BY JAMES NELSON
    LINER NOTES BY JEFF BOND
    ART DIRECTOR: DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records, Warner Bros and WEA are proud to announce the expanded edition to one of Danny Elfman’s greatest scores BLACK BEAUTY, written and directed by Caroline Thompson. Lush, gorgeous, melodic and inspirational — this magnificent score gets the deluxe treatment “La-La Land style” with an expanded program clocking in at nearly 79 minutes, tracks remastered by James Nelson, and a 24 page booklet with in depth liner notes by Jeff Bond, including comments by composer Danny Elfman and writer/director Caroline Thompson. This is our favorite non-Burton score of Elfman’s! He taps into the soul of the characters that made his scores to Edward Scissorhands and Dolores Claiborne so memorable. A must for any Elfman or film music fan alike!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Toldja ;)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.