Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion LLL’s Expanded MARS ATTACKS!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Monsterhead
    Participant

I just got mine today. Nice to read the story (or at least some version of the story) about Burton replacing Howard Shore with Danny again. All in all, the bonus tracks offer a nice idea of the final music used in the film. My favorite is the Trailer music. Although not complete, this was a welcome re-issue. I hope La-La Land Records plans to revisit future Elfman score releases, and maybe even some that we never released…

wait, what? Shore was supposed to score this?

Nick Parker
    Participant

Tim Burton seemed to have a good relationship with him during Ed Wood, so I would not imagine why Tim Burton would not want to use Shore. I look forward to reading the whole story….

Monsterhead
    Participant

Well SOMEONE here has known the story for years, but I seem to recall that named person stayed tight lipped about it. Perhaps the statue of limitations has expired and we can get a confirmation of the story and maybe some other side notes….?

Nick Parker
    Participant

Hm, sounds like a good story for a HBO film, or maybe even a Lifetime Original film. I can vividly imagine a scene at the end of the film where Tim Burton and Danny Elfman run toward each other in an autumn park, in slow motion of course. Ridiculously “sappy” strings accompany the two men as they meet in a brotherly embrace, with Tim Burton sobbing, “Oh Danny, I am sorry I left you!”

“It is alright, Tim, we are together now, that is all that matters.” Roll end credits.

Hey, there was a reason this story was never told.

Can Sam Raimi be in this movie too? ;) In all serious-ness though, I don’t think there’s any bad blood between Burton and Shore. Shore even appeared on the Ed Wood DVD.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Are you talking about ME!? :)

DannyBiker
    Participant

C’mon guys, you know we have joined this board only in the hope that someday, he’ll tell us what he knows. That’s how he got us !

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I got my copy today. I’d say it’s not quiet a home run, but more like a triple brought home with a sac bunt. More thoughts later. Don’t hesitate to buy!

mongoose_mania
    Participant

I ordered my copy today. Should be in any day now…

DannyBiker
    Participant

Although this expanded version wasn’t THAT essential, any CD with that Main Title is a must buy…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Plus the additional tracks “Invasion”, “The Big Launch” and the final reel stuff minus the segways into Slim Whitman!

mongoose_mania
    Participant

Got it in the mail a few days ago. Wonderful CD, the Main Titles have the best theme.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I was just listening to this on my iPod. Well, I thought I was. Turns out I was listening to the DVD audio rip… And was wondering why there were bad edit, volume dips and Tom Jones! Oops. Now I’ve selected the right album. Much, much better :)

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.