Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Lo and Behold, the Elfman detector!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    chii
    Participant

Hi, I just wanted to tell you about my odd experiance in class yesterday. Because I was in a class joined by a thin wall to another class, you can hear things that are happening in the other one. So, when I was in History, I heard this muisc, although it wasn’t loud enough to tell what it was yet. So as the period went on I listened more, and when it got rather loud I knew, I knew this was Danny Elfman. So, I declared this news to the person beside me who thinks I am crazy (actually he’s not the only one) and I said: “this is Danny Elfman, that music! It’s Danny Elfman” So, someone told me what they thought the movie was. It was Spiderman! I felt special I could tell it was Danny from little bits of music! XD

KWashi
    Participant

I did that one time at an Airforce Exchange base. I have the soundtrack to MIIB, but never have really listened to it. Moreover, I’ve never seen the movie. But I heard it playing and thought….”Sounds like Elfman,” aqnd, of course, it was.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve done that before. On Hallowen my friend and I went trick or treating and one of my neighbors was playing a suite from Beetlejuice and I said, nay, proclaimed “That music! That beautilful music!”

chii
    Participant

hee hee I guess great minds think alike! Danny has a very distinguished sound to him, atleast I find. He is just amazing *pokes danny* amazing man he is.

Thor
    Participant

Did you find out who played it and why? Was it some sort of “film screening” of SPIDERMAN in the class next to you, perhaps?

chii
    Participant

yea it was, they were watching the movie because there was nothing else to do I guess. They just watched the movie on the TV…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Sounds like the Canadian educational system. ;)

Ryan

chii
    Participant

XD yep damn us canadians! We spoil our children with movies when we have nothing else to do. *even though I am one of the children* XD

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Yeah, Canadians! At least in America, we watch educational videos like “The Lion King” and “Caddyshack.” Shame on you all.

Actually, I did manage to convince my physics teacher to let us watch an educational docudrama called “Journey to the Planets and Beyond” (or, “Space Odyssey: Journey to the Planets,” as it’s known in the UK) for the last two-hour block before spring break. It wa a BBC production that they aired on the Science Channel in America that featured a very nice score by Don Davis — I’ve mentioned it in another topic.

It’s also funny someone should mention hearing Elfman music in another classroom. I was in Spanish class last week and the class next to me was watching a movie with what sounded to be a big, sweeping Horner score, but I still don’t know what it is. I don’t know the teacher or anyone in the class so I’m afraid to ask, but it’s been bugging me like crazy.

Dawg Man
    Participant

Yeah, I had things like that happen to me alot when I was first discovering Elfman, right before the second Batman came out in 91 or 92. I had a whole list of music that I enjoyed and eventually realized one day that it was all from the same guy. Everything I liked he had his mark on. It felt pretty weird at the time.

Anyway, as a side note, I remember sitting there watching Batman Returns and thinking “You know, There’s no way they would ever make new Spider-Man or Superman movies without hiring this guy for music.” Lo and behold, Superman Lives almost happened and the two Spider-man movies did happen. I flipped out when I first heard about the latter. A buddy owed me money over that and I’d since lost contact with the slippery bastard.

By God I’ll collect on that bet some day. *narrows eyes*
    By God.

…Also, I knew he’d do The Hulk.

J.R. Flynn
    http://www.twilight-land.com

chii
    Participant

Haha us Elfman fans, we know his music once it reaches our ears! Spider-fan: good luck on finding out what the movie was! We usually watch “educational movies our teacher was just being lazy *shifty eyes*

Dawg man: I wasn’t born in 91 so -___-; but hey, great minds think alike eh?

Alethea
    Participant

Oh yeah i did that when i was about 13 i think. My mom is crazy about soundtracks and i music runs in our family. Somehow she missed that jeen (jean?) so she listens to music instead of playing it to fit in. But i was listening to Planet of the Apes in the cat with my mom and i was like “Hey that part sounds like the one in Batman” and so on and on i made the connection. I turned out to be a major fan from the beggining without even knowing it. Don’t worry about the guy who thinks your weird. I get that all the time. HONESTLY! It’s the same as liking a famous actor or actress right? hmph.
    -Alethea

SleepyHello
    Participant

Spider-Fan Wrote:

>
    > It’s also funny someone should mention hearing
    > Elfman music in another classroom. I was in
    > Spanish class last week and the class next to me
    > was watching a movie with what sounded to be a
    > big, sweeping Horner score, but I still don’t know
    > what it is. I don’t know the teacher or anyone in
    > the class so I’m afraid to ask, but it’s been
    > bugging me like crazy.

Sounded like a big, sweeping Horner score? Then it probably wasn’t Horner! Muahahahaha.

admin
    Participant

thats funny and dont worry prople avoid me cause i toatly told this girl at school off cause she thought she knew more danny than me i ended getting 450 dollars for winning cause i never talk at school im quiet and do my work and pobsess of danny with it all lol

admin
    Participant

but i dint want to ever do that again never we ended up with cops around us was pretty weird never again shall i do that

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.