Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Marc Shaiman’s Team America

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

I just saw a clip from Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s marionnette comedy “Team America: World Police,” a clip which includes a sample of Marc Shaiman’s music (he’s got great music, I think.) Maybe it’s just me, but the music sounds a tiny bit Elfmanesque (it’s an official word now). Link below.

http://downloads.nexcess.net/tawpclip.mov

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

The first clip is from Independence Day by David Arnold. It segues into something, but I don’t know what that is… Sounds like a bit of APES comes in at the very end.

Ryan

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Heh. I guess I ignored a recent blog from Shaiman saying that the score isn’t even fully recorded yet. After a second look at the clip, I thought it sounded like Harald Kloser’s Day After Tomorrow score, but as it gets to Kim Jong Il pulling the lever, I could then tell that it’s the part of Independence Day when the president is talkign to the Alien. And I suppose that I was right in thinking that the end percussion sounded like Elfman, that is if it really is from Apes. Anyway, I’m sure that Shaiman’s score will be good when it’s finished. I loved his South Park and 61* music. Team America is gonna be sweet as well.

By the way, how do you bold the text?

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Dawg Man
    Participant

Damn North Korea…
    Hanz Blix was pissing me off though.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Don’t say that! He might be angry at you, and then send you a letter telling you that he is angry at you.

Anonymous

Unfortunately, Marc Shaiman is no longer attached to “Team America.” It’s Harry Gregson-Williams.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Where’d you hear that? I won’t go on a rampage saying that it’s not true, because Shaiman’s weblog on the Team America website is no longer there, plus his name is no longer on the site’s filmmakers list, and I believe that it was there before. I hope Marc Shaiman hasn’t left, his collaborations with Trey Parker and Matt Stone have always been great. I’m not the biggest fan of Harry Gregson-Williams, except for his minor work on Armageddon.

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

I think that Gregson-Williams is on of the most underrated composers out there.

Anonymous

The news story is at http://www.musicfromthemovies.com, but I believe it was first reported on the filmscoremonthly.com music board by someone claiming that Alan Silvestri was taking over scoring duties. No word on why this change has occurred or who is responsible.

Untamed Aggression
    Participant

so has he actually recorded a full score that’s been rejected or did he only partially score it?

I just saw some pics from soundtrack.net from the scoring session so I’m quite confused.

Gotta say, I recently rewatched South Park: BLU and the score is awesome. Shame it wasn’t on the CD instead of the turdy rap versions of the films showtunes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.