Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Meet the Robinson score review.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    sandyclaws
    Participant
    TenderLumpling
    Participant

I haven’t heard the whole score, but I wouldn’t call it an extension of Pee-wee. I don’t hear any Pee-wee in the clips.

At any event, I love that yodeling female choir and percussion strait out of Mars Attacks.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Clips coming to Cinemusic soon.

Ryan

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I hope your clips are better, Ryan, because I can’t say I’m impressed by the ones on Filmtracks. I can see where the reviewer is coming from, because the clips do indeed sound like a compilation of Elfmanisms. Since Danny’s only other scheduled movie after this one is “The Kingdom,” which won’t come out until the end of the summer, in addition to the recent revelation that he’s no longer aboard “Spider-Man 3,” I need a morale boost.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

…in addition to the recent revelation that he’s no longer aboard “Spider-Man 3,”

What?

Spider-Fan
    Participant

First Danny said he’d never work with Sam Raimi ever again. Then, from Ryan, “I can now confirm: Elfman is writing new themes for SPIDER-MAN 3 and Chris Young will integrate the major themes from the first two pictures into his own score.” Now, again from Ryan, “Not at all anymore.”

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Yup. Well things changed quite quickly on SM3. I tried to get confirmation about what exactly was happening, but it seems the divide between Elfman and Raimi was too great. At the point where Elfman left SM3, he was dealing directly with Sony Pictures.

Ryan

johnmullin
    Participant

Elfman has a great relationship with Sony, and he did indeed write new themes for the movie dealing only with Sony directly — not Raimi. He did this not knowing – or really caring -whether his material was to actually be used in the final score. Raimi decided in favor of Young’s themes.

Right now they’re mid-way through recording the music. They’ve kept the main Spider-Man theme and the Green Goblin theme, but everything else is Young’s. Most of the score reportedly doesn’t sound like Elfman, but the studio likes it and all is going well.

Elfman is busy recording THE KINGDOM for a few days this week (with more sessions to come later) and has said that he’s happy not to be involved with that “insane asylum.”

TenderLumpling
    Participant

…and has said that he’s happy not to be involved with that “insane asylum.”

Good. And I trust Young has come up with the best temp-job money can buy.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

There’s going to be a one-minute “Spider-Man 3” clip shown during “Heroes” next Monday with a six-minute clip being streamed online immediately after. One would imagine that these clips will each feature at least some music, right? I feel like they wouldn’t use temp music this close to the release (as they did when the Doc Ock hospital scene from “Spider-Man 2” was first revealed at Comic Con using the Goblin theme long before the movie came out).

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

The score hasn’t been recorded yet.

Ryan

Lucius
    Participant

http://soundtrack.net/soundtracks/database/?id=4662

Almost theeeeere…almost theeeere. Hurry up and release the CD!!!

Lucius

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

The review contains a glaring error. It states that Elfman has never written for 2D animation. “Family Dog” from AMAZING STORIES was animated.

Ryan

mootum
    Participant

Not to mention Stainboy… and the opening sequence for The Simpsons, of course!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.