Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion MEET THE ROBINSONS “wrap party” cd with full score

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bluhorn
    Participant

I noticed this over on the Film Score Monthly board :

Walt Disney Records cd release (BVPR000452) features Mr. Elfman’s complete score for MEET THE ROBINSONS.

This was given out only to crew members of the film production.

37 tracks. Factory pressed CD runs 74 minutes (I think that’s about 44 minutes more score than the commercial release).

Track listing:

1. Prologue
    2. Introduction
    3. Machine – Rooftop
    4. Getting Ready
    5. Science Fair, Pt. 1
    6. Science Fair, Pt. 2
    7. Wilbur’s Proof
    8. To The Future
    9. A Deal
    10. Presentation
    11. The Checklist
    12. In The Garage
    13. The Plan A
    14. Doorbell Fanfare
    15. The Plan B
    16. Meet The Family
    17. Boys Bump Sting
    18. Pop Quiz
    19. Back Home With Goob
    20. Goob’s Story
    21. Time Machine Montage
    22. Failed Attempt
    23. Little Doris Arrives
    24. Dinner
    25. Food Fight
    26. Doris Stinger
    27. Broken Toaster
    28. Frog Slave
    29. Keep Moving Forward
    30. Toast To Lewis
    31. Dino Fight
    32. Family Recovery
    33. The Lie
    34. A New Future
    35. Setting Things Right
    36. Family Reunion
    37. Finding Lewis

Total Time 74:23

I

elfmanguy
    Participant

Was all of this music in the movie? And if so why was only half of it on the commercial release? So not fair! Damn I want a copy of this. I actually really liked the score although apparently not many of the rest of you did.

bluhorn
    Participant

More on FSM board:

Here’s one on eBay. SWEET starting price! hah

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200103686842&rd=1&rd=1

You can get a pretty good look at the disc here.

The letter on the rear insert says:

“This CD is very special. On it is Danny Elfman’s complete score for “Meet The Robinsons”. Every single bit of it. No one in the world has what you hold in your hands right now. It’s our gift to you to say “thank you” for everything you’ve done to bring this movie to life. It was a dream come true to have Danny score our film and you – our smart, talented and hard working crew – deserve every glorious note of it! Enjoy!”

Steve Anderson & Dorothy McKim

Pretty classy.

9fingeredElf
    Participant

I’ll chip in $5.00 for it. Only need 100 more people and we can all share.

gaba
    Participant

*hopes for an isolated score dvd*

Yes, I’m an optimist. And I’m kinda mean, too, considering someone might fork out 500$ for this. ;-)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Don’t spend your money…

Wait :)

Ryan

gaba
    Participant

A cautious ‘Yay!’. :-)

bluhorn
    Participant

Has Disney EVER released a dvd with an isolated score? It certainly would be a nice “first” if they haven’t yet. Here’s hoping…

KWashi
    Participant

I don’t see why they don’t release all DVDs with an isolated score. Is it that hard to do?

RCox
    Participant

I personally thought Meet the Robinsons was the best animated film Disney has made since 2000’s The Emperor’s New Groove. That statement would have been even more impressive if not for the fact that it means its competiting against such masterpieces as Home on the Range and Treasure Planet. Elfman’s score works very well in the film and there’s plenty of material that should have been on the commercial release.

9fingeredElf
    Participant
    bluhorn
    Participant

Well, the dvd will not have an isolated score. (no surprise)

We have more details on Buena Vista’s Meet the Robinsons today. The DVD will include anamorphic widescreen video and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio (SRP $29.99). Extras will include 3 deleted scenes, 2 featurettes (Keep Moving Forward: Inventions that Shaped the World and Inventing the Robinsons), 2 music videos, the Family Function 5000: Family Tree interactive game, and audio commentary with director Stephen Anderson (plus a “special guest”). The Blu-ray Disc (SRP $34.99) will include all of the above along with 48khz/24-bit Uncompressed PCM 5.1 audio, more deleted scenes and the Bowler Hat Barrage! BD-Java game.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.